MMS 2016

chris_rosschris_ross Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Cireson going to Minneapolis in May? Yes, that is correct. A number of Cireson personnel will be at the upcoming Midwest Management Summit (MMS) that runs from May 17th through the 19th. This is the third year that this event has been held, taking over from the old, very popular, Microsoft Management Summit (the original MMS conference). The new MMS has a number of advantages over some other events around, such as Microsoft Ignite. Those benefits include:

• A smaller event – the great advantage here is fewer people to navigate around (or bump into), more ability to actually see people you want to see and to interact with all the great speakers and sponsors
  • Unique session format – sessions here are scheduled for almost two hours in length. The first hour is the formal presentation time, and the remaining time is for Q&A, informal discussions, more of a one-on-one interaction time with the presenters and other attendees
  • Multiple speakers per session – every session has at least two speakers. This is great, as it gives the attendees various presenter's perspectives on the topic, multiple voices to help assimilate the knowledge, and more people to talk to after the formal presentation time has ended
  • Location – the event is held at the Radisson Blu hotel that is connected to the Mall of America. You can stay inside the entire week if you wish (which was great when the past couple of years, this event was held in early November), and still get in many miles of walking a day. There are tons of eating options for you, between coffee shops (at least six in the mall), food courts, and full sit down restaurants

This will be my 3rd year speaking at the event (each year of its existence). We will also have my colleague Pete Zerger speaking at the event again. Additionally this year one of our founders, Shaun Ericson, will be attending the event. Finally, we'll have one of our solution architects, Michael Aidinovich attending also and helping us out. Cireson is a sponsor of the event, so come and say hello to us at our table in the expo area of the event located in the skybridge between the session room locations.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Minneapolis in May!

Tagged:

Comments

• HarjitHarjit Member IT Monkey ✭
    MMSMOA was an awesome conference. Great like minded people and lots of high end content. 
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Glad that you loved it Harjit. I do as well, it is my favorite conference.
  • Lee_BergLee_Berg Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Too bad Chris couldn't make it! Definitely another great year of MMS!
    Yup, maybe next year he'll be able to come.
  • chris_rosschris_ross Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I hope so too!  Otherwise, I will be a...

And we don't want that :-(
This discussion has been closed.