Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Knowledge Base Templates

Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
To achieve a consistent look and feel across all KB Articles it would be good to have a template that can be used for KB articles.

The main goal as described for others, is to ensure Knowledge Managers have a pre-populated Knowledge Article, when a new one is created so the content structure already exists and it is just the detail that needs to be created and edited.

These could be similar templates to those for notification or WI templates, or these could be similar to how Survey templates are created.
74 votes

Accepted · Last Updated

Item has been placed in the backlog for the next iteration on the Knowledge Base. There will be further updates in the future as we look at designs and acceptance criteria.

Comments

• Raffael_JenzerRaffael_Jenzer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We would really appreciate this feature!!!
  • Steve_O'ConnorSteve_O'Connor Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Really good idea! This is something we have been struggling with to get consistency in the KB
  • Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This is exactly what I am looking for.
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Agree... this would be a great feature, and would save plenty of formatting time!
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    My next question is how would this look for everyone?
    The thoughts I had are a way to write a basic HTML template that can be saved to the Cireson portal DB and when an analyst goes to select the New Knowledge Base article option, there is a second option to create one from Template that lists all these templates.
    Creating a template would be the same as creating a blank KB now, but there would be a second Save option at the bottom of the screen. (Save as Template) or a check box that indicates it is a template.

I'd also like to see within the deep settings of the portal a way to set the Default Template so if an analysts just clicks new (without selecting a template) there is always a set template to begin with. This would be an optional feature that would be set in the portal settings and maybe only exposed in the Save As template option.

Thoughts?
  • Steve_O'ConnorSteve_O'Connor Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Brett_Moffett That sounds perfect. Maybe an option for admin to create or import a HTML template as well?
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Steve_O'Connor Exporting\Importing KB articles is another feature request I raised a while ago. Check out https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/1792#Comment_1792
  • Greg_LawsGreg_Laws Customer IT Monkey ✭
    +1 for us too!  This would be a very useful feature.
  • Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
    I agree with the sentiment of this thread, this would enhance and promote a look and feel for the strcuture and avoid having to create and export from another app such as Word.
  • chrisrutledgechrisrutledge Member IT Monkey ✭
    Templates would be a big factor in "making it easy to do the right thing" (creating consistently-formatted content) as the extra step of keeping a Word/text document open or opening it each time, then copy>pasting it wouldn't be needed. Definitely a +1 from me.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

My attempt at solving this temporarily: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5136/kb-templates/