Home Analyst Portal
Options

Hello. All of the sudden our copy open functionality has stopped working

Lou_GuardiaLou_Guardia Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited December 2016 in Analyst Portal

Here is the error we receive. This is for Support personnel only. I can copy open fine. The error as you can see is VERY HELPFUL.....

An error occurred while processing your request.

An error occurred while processing your request.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

Actually this is what resolved the issue...

1. In one of the KBs I sent over (https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/), there is an additional set of stored procedures, "How to Remove Users that have been Deleted from the ServiceManager Database", that we'd like for you to run. 2. The next thing we would like to look at is the potential of a bad or faulty AD Connector. Would it be possible for you to create a new AD Connector, disable your old AD Connector(s), an then sync with the new connector.

Thanks to everyone that responded. 

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Lou_Guardia
    If you have a current valid support agreement, log a call with our support team by e-mailing it to Support@cireson.com and one of our helpful staff will be in touch to assist you.

Until then,
    Did this ever work?
    What changed when this stopped working?
    Has there been any changes to your environment like an upgrade to SCSM 2016?
    Also, what version of the Outlook console are you running and also the version of the Management Pack that is installed in the console?

If anyone else in the community has seen this error please chime in on your experience.
  • Options

Hi thanks for your reply.

Yes this used to work. There was no change when this occurred.

This is happening from the Cireson portal we are not using the outlook console.

• Options
    One thing to add to this discussion is that as an admin user it works. It does not work for the tech users. thks
  • Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you are having a scoping issue. Can you make sure the users have access to the queues and are in the correct AD groups to be able to perform the required function
  • Options

Tony,

They can access everything else so don't think that is the issue. I sent Cireson the cache and web logs. Thanks

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi,

Firstly, FYI, I have moved this to Analyst Portal section as there was some confusion about what product this issue was with.

This is potentially common experience when using an API to create a Work Item (as your copy to new task will do) and then trying to take the browser straight to the page for that new item. However, if the user will get access to that item via a queue, the workflow to evaluate that new item and then add it to the queue might not have finished yet.

At least as a test, change the code so that it redirects the User to My Work after a copy to new, rather than to the new Work Item. I suspect this will work fine without error and as soon as the queue calculation is done, (probably a few seconds later) they will be able to view it.

This is why is still works for Admins, as they have access to all Work Items regardless of queue.

If this is the case, you might need to just leave the task forwarding to a generic page, or put a timeout in there, with the swirling bubbles, for a few seconds before trying to load the new Work Item's page

Geoff

• Options
    Answer ✓

Actually this is what resolved the issue...

1. In one of the KBs I sent over (https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/), there is an additional set of stored procedures, "How to Remove Users that have been Deleted from the ServiceManager Database", that we'd like for you to run. 2. The next thing we would like to look at is the potential of a bad or faulty AD Connector. Would it be possible for you to create a new AD Connector, disable your old AD Connector(s), an then sync with the new connector.

Thanks to everyone that responded.