Home Analyst Portal
Options

Odd Last Modified/Created Date Field Time Bug After Upgrading to Portal v7.4

Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Good Afternoon Community,

Just wanted to give a heads up that we ran into an interesting issue whereby the date/time were shown like the below screenshot after upgrading our v7.3 sandbox portal to v7.4. The item count at the bottom right side of the grid view was also showing incorrectly.

We were able to resolve this by changing the user settings option for the Data/Time Format to the English (United Kingdom) settings before applying them back to English - this along with clearing cache appears to have corrected the issue. Just in case anyone else runs into this!

Comments

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the same clicking the reset view button clears it. Something with a cookie as I had various results on each browser and user. 
  • Options
    Steve_O'ConnorSteve_O'Connor Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Yep, we got this surprise as well. Not ideal as people have filtered views and had to reset them to get the date back to normal.
  • Options
    Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I am sorry to say, but I feel this is pretty poor form from Cireson.

We have over 50 saved searches shared across our staff + staff have their own saved searches.

Its not very professional having to tell them to click "Reset View" on all their searches, and then re-add in the relevant columns that are associated with each of their searches.

Is there going to be a fix for this in a future version? Can Cireson provide a workaround to prevent staff being inconvenienced etc.?

Cheers,

Adrian

• Options
    Steve_O'ConnorSteve_O'Connor Customer IT Monkey ✭

I am sorry to say, but I feel this is pretty poor form from Cireson.

We have over 50 saved searches shared across our staff + staff have their own saved searches.

Its not very professional having to tell them to click "Reset View" on all their searches, and then re-add in the relevant columns that are associated with each of their searches.

Is there going to be a fix for this in a future version? Can Cireson provide a workaround to prevent staff being inconvenienced etc.?

Cheers,

Adrian

I'd agree with this, this has led to quite a few issues for our staff. To say that some of our team are less than happy is a understatement.
  • Options
    Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

:( I can imagine

We have not upgraded prod yet. I am avoiding it.

Hopefully Cireson will come back with some fix / workaround.

Cheers,

Adrian

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe that a user would need to click on reset view on every dashboard. The user customization at a specific page are stored on the local computer and per browser. Clearing the browser cache will correct all views. Tested this with Firefox (had all ready cleared IE and Chrome) and the view successfully updated to the proper format.
  • Options
    Steve_ClarkeSteve_Clarke Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I got this as well. Cant remember how I fixed it but I don't think I reset the view. I might have just re-selected the date/time setting from the user settings. Doing Prod tomorrow night so will let you know if I see it again.
  • Options
    Steve_ClarkeSteve_Clarke Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Just reproduced this with a different account. Re-selecting the English (Australia) for Date/Time in the User Settings menu (only option in the box for us) and hitting apply corrects the view. Not sure if this also helps you @Adrian_Paech
  • Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the inconvenience here, but this change was actually necessary in order to fix a view bug in the kendo object for users in Danish speaking regions. There was a bug with that specifically that we had to build a custom date handler for in order to resolve, and this is what caused that minor tweak to occur.

This wasn't caught in testing as an issue because of the simple fact that you had to have a custom view stored to see the issue, otherwise it worked just fine when viewed normally.

I'll try and make sure we not changes to things like this in the future, but even noting the change here would not have told you (or us) that it was going to cause a weird date/time format for you in a stored grid view.
  • Options
    john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    What happened with this update was that the data coming from the server no longer matched the grid definition stored in the local storage area of the browser. If you have a lot of users, you can add this code to your custom.js file. It stores the static file version number in the local storage and clears the cache if a change is detected in that number. It clears the definition of all the grids stored locally and does the same thing as pressing the reset button for each grid.
    $(document).ready(function () {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; var gridReset = app.storage.gridStates.get('status_staticFileVersion');<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if (!gridReset && gridReset != session.staticFileVersion)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; app.storage.gridStates.clearAll();<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; app.storage.gridStates.set('status_staticFileVersion',session.staticFileVersion)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; };<br>});
    The static file version number will only change on an update, so once this has run once it will only run again when the server has been upgraded or the browser's local storage cache has been cleared.