Home Analyst Portal
Options

Review Activity line manager not working

Rob_KellyRob_Kelly Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello,

I hope someone can help! 

We are implementing Service Requests in Cireson Portal.  I'm testing the line manager function under a review activity but end users who are line managers and have review activities assigned to them can view the RA but are unable to approve/reject it.

The review activity permissions setting in the portal have no AD group therefore everyone should be able to approve/review an RA.

In terms of security user roles in Service Manager all end users are assigned to the ReadOnlyOperator and EndUser roles.

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Turns out this was an issue in that release of the software which has been fixed under PR67605 in the latest release (8.1.1.2012 released August 9th 2017).

Answers

• Options
    David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is this maybe that the end user role in the console doesn't have the edit ability, you may want to try adding users to a custom role based on something like change manager along side the end user role and just limit back all the other role features
  • Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Can you verify that the line manager is being added to the review activity by SCSM? When you use the checkbox in the review activity, all that does is let the SCSM out of the box workflow know to look for the manager AD property on the affected user for the parent SR/CR. It will then add the user to the approvers list, so you need to verify this is happening as you expect otherwise they will not see the RA nor be able to approve it.
  • Options
    Hello,

Thanks for the responses and which I;ve worked through.  My findings below.

Point 1 (david_morris1) the 'end user' roles doesn't allow you to select tasks.  I created a 'read-only operator' role where all the tasks can be accessed but this didn;t resolve the issue.

Point 2 (seth_coussens) I can confirm the line manager has been added.  It appears in their 'My Work' list but they cannot view the detail or approve/reject the RA. I've attached a couple of screenshots.

Thanks

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Turns out this was an issue in that release of the software which has been fixed under PR67605 in the latest release (8.1.1.2012 released August 9th 2017).
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. Yes I responded prior to being aware of this, but we obviously saw this as a priority and fixed it.
  • Options
    Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is it fixed in 8.2? I got the same error
  • Options
    Hi Mareek_Lefek it is fixed in 8.2.
  • Options
    James_TottenJames_Totten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Sorry to necro this issue, but we now have three confirmed instances of this issue in our environment.

Current Portal Version: 8.3.1.2016

I found a few sites that had a powershell script that could potentially resolve the issue, but it utilizes the 2012 SMLets and we are running SCSM 2016, so they don't work in our environment.

Is there any other fix you have?
  • Options
    @James_Totten I would reach out to support to have them look at this with you, as we have confirmed previously this was fixed. If there is something else coming up, it would be good for them to go through it to reproduce the issue for development.