Home Service Manager Console App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Develop a Run PowerShell activity

Aaron_BoockAaron_Boock Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This would eliminate the need to create an Orchestrator runbook to run (in some cases, very little) PowerShell code.  Then sync to Service Manager.  Then create Runbook template.  Then I can use the code in a Service Request template.  Let me paste in my code, and when the activity is In Progress, code is executed.

13 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Cireson PowerShell Activity has been release. https://softwaredownloads.cireson.com/

Comments

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 @aaron_boock - Either that or created a stored procedure err...stored powershell tasks.

Where I'm going with this is the defining permissions around that - the most flexible thing would be to pass the current Windows creds to execute said PS (as opposed to SCSM svc account). But it's with that said, I'd personally create PS Tasks that couldn't be edited for the sake of control/saving people from themselves.
  • Options
    This is what itnetx offers for PowerShell activity.

http://itnetx.ch/products/productivity-pack-for-scsm/

• Options
    Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    We had created something similar by inserting the script into XML and using the workflow engine to run it. Running scripts this way was slowing our workflows considerably. I'm not sure what the issue was there, but whatever solution is provided would hopefully avoid it.
  • Options
    Yes, this solution would make workflow automation much easier.
  • Options
    Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Bit of a potential security risk with doing this, especially if analysts have rights to be able to edit the powershell in some way. Have to remwmber that these scripts will run under a highly privileged account, and there is a potential to do real damage here.
    saying that we use workflows a lot, and I highly recommend them over run books (for internal SCSM processing tasks)
    ADrian
This discussion has been closed.