We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Search user by UPN

It would be nice have the possibility to search a user by UPN and not only with DOMAIN\samAccountName . What do you think?
4 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Someone had posted instructions for how to accomplish this out-of-box, several months ago.  I think it was @Brian_Wiest, but could be wrong.

There is a field called UserQuery in the Admin settings that stores the query that is used to determine how to match what is typed into a userpicker to a user object.  You can modify it to include additional fields and conditions.

For example:

(DisplayName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR UserName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR UPN LIKE '%' + @Query + '%')

@Query stands in as a variable for whatever was typed into the user picker.
  • Antonio_VivoloAntonio_Vivolo Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I've installed Reset Password version 3.1.1 . Where is the field UserQuery? So I can test it.
    Thanks a lot!
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    My mistake--I was referring to the Portal admin settings, because I thought this question was referring to it.  I can see that it is not.  I do not have that product, so I do not know whether or not it utilizes that field (probably not).