Home Analyst Portal

Viewing Change request as end user

Joshua_WalkerJoshua_Walker Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Im pretty stumped. We have a runbook that converts a SR to CR and sets the affected User as Created By user in the new CR. When the affected user checks My Request, they dont see the CR. How can i get this to work? I know im missing some scoping or User Role but i dont know how i should set it up to work.

Best Answers

Answers

• Joshua_WalkerJoshua_Walker Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hello Josh
    The "My Work" view shows all workitems where the logged in user is the affected user of a workitem. Just make sure your runbook  adds the affected user relationship when it creates the CR and it should appear fine.

Cheers
    Joe
    Well i do create the relationship in the CR because the CreatedBy is set to the User but under My Request the CR doesnt show. It does show under Team Request

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    For it to show under 'My Requests' the relationship has to be the 'Affected User' relationship (which the CR does not who in the OOB form). From the screenshots above it doesn't look like this is being set, or we aren't pulling it into the grid because it's not on the CR OOB.

Most likely you'll need to define a custom CR type projection as the default projection that contains the affected user relationship as I would assume the out of the box CR type projection does not contain that relationship.

If you'd like me to go into further detail on this, let me know and I'll write something up!
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Josh glad you got it sorted :). Using created by user would throw off the grid results for analysts who create requests on behalf of people.

You could put it through as a feature request though.
  • Joshua_WalkerJoshua_Walker Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Awesome Josh glad you got it sorted :). Using created by user would throw off the grid results for analysts who create requests on behalf of people.

How doyou mean it would throw off the grid? The grid is still affected User but when its a CR the affected User should show Created By user instead
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

How doyou mean it would throw off the grid? The grid is still affected User but when its a CR the affected User should show Created By user instead

In this example that is correct, what I mean is in the scenario where a analyst creates a work item on behalf of someone else.
This discussion has been closed.