IT Monkey:   Join the Cireson Community today for your chance to win $50!

Setting Work Item Templates

Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭

How do I go about setting the various Work Item Templates in the SCSM section of Password Reset?

I have created my required templates in SCSM but need to know how to obtain the IDs that will need to be entered against each of the Work Item Template fields.

Best Answer

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8
    Hi Darren

You want to use the internal name:

You can determine the name of a template by using PowerShell as follows:
    1.       Find the display name of the template that you want to use in the SCSM console (Library\Templates)
    2.       Log in to a server that is running the SCSM management server and the Cireson Portal web site.
    3.       Start PowerShell
    4.       Run this command to load the SMLets PowerShell module:  Import-Module SMLets
    5.       Run this command to find the template name:  Get-SCSMObjectTemplate | ?{$_.DisplayName -eq 'the display name of the template'} | Format-Table Name, DisplayName
    6.       Copy the value from the Name column 

• Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank Joe.

Will I have to select the 'Other' radio button and then enter this value or would I replace the existing value for the StandardChangeRequest or DefaultIncidentTemplate options?

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank Joe.

Will I have to select the 'Other' radio button and then enter this value or would I replace the existing value for the StandardChangeRequest or DefaultIncidentTemplate options?

Select 'Other' option then copy in the name value from the powershell query.
  • Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Joe.

Selected the 'Other' radio button, and pasted in the returned values from PowerShell but am not seeing any SRs logged resulting from users successfully change their password.

Result from PowerShell returned the following ID: Template.92c1c639c47840f499fc36a1c6ee8fb9

The attached file which has a section of the PlatformLog file, has information regarding the use of a template for a successful password reset.