Home Analyst Portal

console tier mapping install

Andy_LeopoldAndy_Leopold Customer IT Monkey ✭
we recently upgraded to SCSM 2016 and have noticed some issues that relatre back to the console tier mapping app, i need to install the 2016 version but have a few questions. 
  1. do i need to delete the current management pack before i import the new?
  2. how intrusive is this? Can it be done during production?
  3. any other gotchas i should be aware of?
thanks in advamce

Answers

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hey,

Correct you need to uninstall the 2012 MP before you import the 2016 MP.
    You will then need to configure mappings in the settings for the App again, so you may want to note down what you have already got configured.

James
  • Andy_LeopoldAndy_Leopold Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks @James_Atance
    is there a way to see what is configured without opening the Settings in SCSM? ( that is the issue, it wont open cause its the old version)
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi @Andy_Leopold

I have half an answer for you here as I don't have this fully setup in my environment right now but I figured this might be urgent so something might be better than nothing. If not, I'm sure someone else will jump in an fill in the gaps.

You can use PowerShell to grab this. If you use SMLets you can user Get-SCSMClass to find the class for the Console Tier Mapping Settings. It will be called something along those lines. Then you can use Get-SCSMObject to grab the 1 instance of that class which will be your actual settings. It going to store the settings as GUID's so you'll need to do some translating too.

Good luck.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Genuine question here - what's the rationale behind removing the old MP before importing the new one? As long as Cireson isn't pulling properties from a class (which would prevent an in place upgrade/successful import of the MP) the properties and values would remain the same.