Home General Discussion

Query result mapping

When I create Request Offering I need mapping some field. But field "Query result" I should not mapping because it mapping by default but I don't know where. After creating the service request, I want to receive data from "Query result"(AD user), not string for further processing. For this I extension class ServiceRequest (Create RelationShip) TargetClass User, how I can mapping data from Qery Result to this extension. Or if you know how to solve this problem tell me please. I need recive data from query result not string.

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the ARO installed you can use the multi mapping to map the return from the Query prompt to any data field. It will use the display name of the selected object.

• Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭
    If you have the ARO installed you can use the multi mapping to map the return from the Query prompt to any data field. It will use the display name of the selected object.

I do that, but the result is written to the string data type, it does not suit me. For example, I need an object user, not its display name
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you have automation written to work off the input. Since the value is a direct pull from a CI, you should be able to adjust your automation to use that value to pull the other values from the CMDB.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    From what I'm understanding, you need the whole user-object to work with. You relate that to your WorkItem by configuring the prompt to add it as either an affected CI or and a related item:
    You can then use some automation to process the work item and it's related objects, e.g. Orchestrator, SMA, or Powershell. You can read more about working with SCSM relationships in Orchestrator here: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/antoni/2013/08/30/using-built-in-system-center-service-manager-relationships-in-system-center-orchestrator/