Home Analyst Portal

SMLets Exchange Connector Workflow

James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
edited April 21 in Analyst Portal

I'm trying to use the newest version of the exchange connector and set it up using the imported management pack with the workflow but after setting everything up the workflow never seems to run. I can fire the script manually and it works but I can't get it to run automatically based on the MP settings.

Is there something I missed for setting up the workflow other than just checking the box for it? Anything I could check to see what might be happening?

Thanks,

James

Best Answer

  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

    Well I figured out what the issue was, needed to unblock all of the files since they were downloaded from the internet... 😩

    However now that I have it working (mostly) it brings up another question I have. This version doesn't seem to detect replies/email threads and use that to update a ticket without the IR number in the subject line. Is there a setting I missed for that or is functionality no longer there?

Answers

  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

    Exchange connector 4.0?

    Did you remember to add the dlls into the primary manager server SCSM folder?

  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    3.2, I didn't see a v4.0 on the github repo. I copied the SMLets.Exchange.Connector.Resources.dll to my SCSM folder, is there more that need to be copied as well?

  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

    Are you attempting the Microsoft connector or the home grown Adam connector?

  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    The smlets connector from Adam

  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21

    It appears I have been summoned.

    First thing I'd do is make sure logging is enabled, copy the DLL (you've already done this so nvm), make sure you configure the MP to point to the location of the PowerShell as 3.x versions of the MP introduced that field.

  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    Oh good, the summoning circle worked. 😀

    Logging is enabled, nothing shows up unless I run it manually. I have the MP pointing to the 3.2 version of the script.

  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

    Do you have any error events in the Operation Manager event log?

  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    Nope

  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

    And presumably no larger issues with workflows currently?

  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    Everything seems to be working fine, emails, priorities, etc. Is there someplace I can check to see if the workflow was created? I didn't see anything for it under workflow status.

  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21
  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    Okay so I do see it in the MP.

  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

    Well I figured out what the issue was, needed to unblock all of the files since they were downloaded from the internet... 😩

    However now that I have it working (mostly) it brings up another question I have. This version doesn't seem to detect replies/email threads and use that to update a ticket without the IR number in the subject line. Is there a setting I missed for that or is functionality no longer there?

  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22

    Appreciate the insight there James! I've updated the Wiki to cite this.

    And that functionality you refer to (merge replies) does remain. Head over to Processing Logic -> Update Work Items missing [Work Item] in the Email Subject

  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    Hi @Adam_Dzyacky

    I'm seeing a new problem now where the exchange connector will run but it doesn't process anything. I see in the event log that it says "Messages to Process: x" but then it doesn't actually process them.

    I ran it manually once and I saw some errors in powershell that said "New-SCSMObjectProjection : The specified value did not conform to the maximum length requirements. 

    At C:\Exchange Connector\smletsexchangeconnector-3.2.0.18\smletsExchangeConnector.ps1:2657 char:37"

    I figured that was because the emails were too long for an action log comment so I unchecked the add whole email to action log box and that made that error go away but I'm still seeing it not process emails on the workflow sometimes. I had logging on level 3 but just bumped it up to 4 to see if that tells me any more.

  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30

    The first thing that comes to mind is an issue addressed in the latest v3.3 wherein emails that have attachments that are other emails fail to process. This issue unique to using the workflow. If you watch/star the repo you'll get notified when releases happen.

    But to your action log point, that's something I can look into

Sign In or Register to comment.