Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Auto Save KB Articles every x number of minutes

Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
From time to time it might take an analyst a while to author a KB article and the portal may lose connection to the management server in that time. If this is the case, the entire KB article may be lost.

it would be a good feature to have functionality like the Community.Cireson.Com page where posts are auto saved ever 30 seconds or so and cached in a local cookie in case the connection is lost for whatever reason.

This might mean that the KB article number has to be reserved at the time of creation so there is some reference for the cookie to point back to if the connection is lost before the first post, but that is a small price to pay. :)
16 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can something also be done like this for Change Request. Many of my analyst who create change requests end up timing out before getting all the fields completed. The portal timer does not seem to pickup text box typing to keep the connection alive.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    My users have reported this happening a disproportionately high number of times, despite our timeout being set far longer than I would like.  You will have many fans here if this feature is released.
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    That's a great idea! To prevent data loss I'm used to use the "apply"-button every 5 minutes, what is not very userfriendly. Not that data loss happens that much to us, but especially if you're inserting a lot of big screenshots it happens a lot that when you hit the "save"-button it gets stuck in a loop and everything is lost. super annoying story....