Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Announcments Not Showing

So I just got done doing a clean install of the SSP version 8.1.1.2016.  I'm new to the Cireson portal and I understand that Announcements configured in the SCSM console don't appear in the Cireson Portal.

I created an announcement as follows:

It shows up in the Announcements management area:

But the announcement doesn't show up anywhere in the portal.  I feel like I'm missing something simple and obvious... but yeah.

Best Answer

Answers

• MorningstarZeroMorningstarZero Member IT Monkey ✭
    Okay, that worked.  What is the CacheBuilder?  Will I have to do that every time I create an announcement?
  • Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The Cireson Cachebuilder retrieves information from the ServiceManager database, transforms it (for example: flattens hierarchies and merges data from multiple tables into one), and then stores it in the Cireson ServiceManagement database.

The CacheBuilder has six routines that run on a schedule:
    1. Work Items - Every minute
    2. Configuration Items - Every hour
    3. Users and Groups - Every 2 hours
    4. Service catalog - Every 24 hours
    5. Enumerations - Every 24 hours
    6. Scoped Access - Every 24 hours

Many of these routines also require an App Pool recycle (or website restart), as some items-- such as Enumerations-- are cached at website startup.

To answer the question "Will I have to do that every time I create an announcement?" -- No, if you're willing to wait... Yes, if you aren't. :smile:
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    @MorningstarZero
    Some additional tips in the below post for managing portal announcements to keep groups enumerated so you dont have to wait or manually restart: 
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/160