Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Promoted Views: Allow a column to be defined as Hyperlinks

L_SchickL_Schick Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We have custom extensions for SR's and IR's that we use to populate a URL to a third party project tracking system. It would be nice if that column in the promoted view would turn the addresses into a hyperlink so users can just click the link instead of copying and pasting into a new tab.
8 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot of potential uses here - 3rd party ticketing, knowledge base, sharepoint, SCOM alert URL.
  • Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Behind-the-scenes, the promoted view is using a "Kendo Grid" and it is possible to put HTML links or other HTML formatting in a Kendo Grid column based on the "encoded" property.

In order to do so, we need the proper formatting and a code snippet as shown in the post below (EDITED). Here is an example link format:

<a href="http://www.google.com">Test Link</a>

If that property were then displayed in the promoted view along with the below changes, it would be a clickable link.
    Screenshots:

In the extended property you would put this (I used Title in this case)

Then, the column displays a clickable link:

• L_SchickL_Schick Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

For some reason it doesn't display as a link for me.

Weird. What Portal version and View Builder version?
    Portal 5.0.5 and View Builder 7.5.0.41
    edited June 2016
    Oops, looks like I fixed/broke my lab while testing this initially, and got a bit mixed up. Try the following code in your /CustomSpace/custom.js file in your Dev environment:

$(document).ready(function (){
            var url = window.location.href;
            if(url.indexOf("/View/6d915d45-1c8c-5dfb-11b8-ab67118abee2") > -1){ // Verify we are on the appropriate promoted view page
                    setTimeout(function() { // Grid is not ready when the document is ready, so this delay is necessary
                            var grid = $('[data-role=grid]'); // Get the Grid object
                            var gridColumns = grid.data('kendoGrid').columns; // Get the columns object
                            var changes = false; // Boolean to determine if there are changes
                            for (var i = 0; i < gridColumns.length; i++) { // Loop through each column
                                    if(gridColumns[i].encoded == true){  // Flip the encoded flag if it is found and mark that there were changes
                                            gridColumns[i].encoded = false;
                                            changes = true; 
                                    }
                            }

if(changes == true){ // Only called if changes occured
                                    app.lib.mask.apply('Building Links'); // Mask so the user doesn't seen screen jitter
                                    $('[data-role=grid]').data('kendoGrid').dataSource.group([]); //  Trick to re-assess the encoding
                                    setTimeout(function() { // Reload the page after a 1 second delay (enough time for the previous two lines to complete)
                                            window.location.href = url;
                                    },1000);
                           }
                    },2000);
            }
    });

You will need to change the URL on line 3 to the URL of your promoted view.

Note: this code is flipping the encoded flag on all columns, which is probably unnecessary. We could probably add to the IF statement on line 10 the following:    gridColumns[i].title == "The Title of your column with the link"

Yes, that works much better :-) I'll play around with this to see how cumbersome it is to add all of my views to this, but it definitely helps in the short term.

As a work around for not having these link enabled by default we added a button to the form that opens the URL to the 3rd party site.

If it helps anyone else you can add the code below to your custom.js file and point it to the extension field you have your URL in. Then just add a button to your form

// Go To Project Site SR
    app.custom.formTasks.add('ServiceRequest', null, function(formObj, viewModel){  
        viewModel.set("GoToProjectSiteSR", function() {

var win = window.open(document.getElementsByName("WFN_ExtString28")[0].value, '_blank');
          win.focus();
          return;
     });
     });