Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

The required service 'Caching Service' cannot be contacted.

Getting the following error
The required service 'Caching Service' cannot be contacted. The information in list of computer will not be accurate.

No Computers are showing up either.  Just installed the latest release. 
Application pool is set to the service account. Not sure where to go on this one.

Answers

• F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Richard,

The installer should install the service called Cireson ConfigMgr Portal Hosting Service.
    Could you check if that service is install and started?
    It will generate log files here:
    %programfiles%\Cireson\Portal for Configuration Manager\Services\logs
    Open the hostingService.log and see if you have any errors here.

The Hosting Service will host the Caching Service, that is the service responsible to caching items from ConfigMgr and MDT such as computers, users and software.
    Without this service running you will not get any computers in your list as you describe.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • RlaplantRlaplant Member IT Monkey ✭
    Excellent --- Thanks !  Part was in use already ... not sure how ... but it was.   Can you maybe explain to me what Clients by CMP Status is? Since mine is a 100% red graph and the visual on that is not appealing. I was showing someone the dashboard and they were fixated on that red chart. 
  • F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Yes, it represents the State column in the computer list.
    If it is all red, you probably has MDT integration enabled or your MAC Address and/or BIOS GUID in ConfigMgr and MDT doesn't match. That will give you a state of "conflict" and therefore that will be represented in the dashboard.