Home Configuration Manager Ticker

i cant post any Announcement

Hi,
i'm having a problem with the ticker app for SCCM and i think you can help me.
i cant post any announcement and i'm getting  this message:

Timeout waiting for the Announcement to be committed. The announcement will be posted once the Policy Provider finish processing.

Can anyone who knows can help Me ??

Answers

• F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Johnuel,

The Ticker Admin app is requesting a Client Notification push to the selected collection.
    Once pushed, we wait for the ConfigMgr Status Message mechanism to raise the message "Policy push complete" (ID 5103).
    We will by default wait one minute for that to complete.
    What you can do is to go to the Monitoring workspace in the ConfigMgr Console, expand System Status\Status Message Queries and select Show messages for All Status Mesages.
    Then create a new Ticker announcement and monitor the status messages and look for the message with ID 5103 to appear.
    Also look for errors indicating why the policy has not been pushed to members of the collection on the site.

If you want me to troubleshoot, please send the Cireson TickerAdmin.log and smsprov.log

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • JohnuelJohnuel Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Flemming, i follow the steps you gave me and now says the announcement is posted but  there is no announcement in the computer in collection and i have the client installed.in 2 Different OS Win 7 and Win 10. what could be happening ? Please HELP!!
  • F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I am helping, I hope :-)

First of all, the Ticker relies on the Fast Channel/Client Notification, so you will have to make sure you can push a policy update to clients within a collection.
    The site needs to have the ports specified and enabled and your firewall need to allow traffic to your infrastructure on this/these ports.
    So this is how you verify that:

On a collection, bring up the context menu and select Download Computer Policy in the Client Notification submenu.
    Then on a client that exists as a member of that collection, monitor when the C:\Windows\CCM\Logs\CcmNotificationAgent.log gets changed.
    Go to the bottom and look for "taskguid="
    This should be timestamped within approx. 60 seconds from when you initiated the Download Computer Policy notification.
    If you don't see that taskguid, something is not configured correctly in relation to the Fast Channel.

Also, there is a log for the client, you will find that in %localappdata%\Cireson\ConfigMgr Apps\Ticker App\Cireson TickerApp.log.

To help you further, please send us that log along the other logs I described earlier.
    If you don't want to share them with the community, you can send them directly to me in a private message.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
This discussion has been closed.