Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Remove from Watch List (quick link in portal, the same type of thing as "assign to me")

Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Thanks for releasing the "Add Me To Watchlist"-Shortcut in Version 8.0. That works great so far.

Please also implement also a "Remove Me From Watchlist"-Shortcut, if somebody's already added to a watchlist.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Silas

9 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please! And hide the "Add Me to Watchlist" if already on the Watchlist.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about changing "Add Me to Watchlist" to "Remove Me from Watchlist" if you are already on it?  That was the functionality I expected when I first saw it, and was puzzled when it did not work that way.
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks I totally agree with you, it should first check if somebody is already on the watchlist to show the "Remove Me from Watchlist"-button.
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    How about changing "Add Me to Watchlist" to "Remove Me from Watchlist" if you are already on it?  That was the functionality I expected when I first saw it, and was puzzled when it did not work that way.

Completely agree.  Minimalist Interface with UX (User Experience) in mind == GREATNESS

Sorry that I have to say that, but it's sad that we have to open a feature request to beg for functions which are totally mandatory. It would take 10 minutes to implement that...

There are features we cannot use at all because they are made half-done. In the end, this "feature request" here ends with 10 to 20 upvotes and nobody cares at all. please just finish your great work to make it usable.

@ Cireson Team: We really love your stuff, but please please please just release features which your customers can even use.

Same story with the comment function (https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2964/notifications-for-kb-article-comments#latest). This feature is absolutely useless without notifications, you would better not even release such ill-considered features/use cases.

Thanks for your comprehension!

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Not using Watchlist, but this all sounds bizarre to say the least. Reading @Tom_Hendricks comment genuinely baffles me because that's exactly how I would expect it to work given the kind of stuff Cireson does!
    At the risk of being redundant, I really think @Silas_Sulser and @Adam_Dzyacky have both hit on critical points that I just want to expand on a bit, for those at Cireson who may be reading this.

Clearly we are supporters of the product, and some of us are champions for it in our organizations (I am sure many of us have the purchasing authority as well) or others are partners who champion it for their customers.  These UX concerns really chip away at that, and begin to form a "death by a thousand cuts."

All software experiences this to some degree at certain points, but what happens next is critical.  If the perception is that a "...'feature request' here ends with 10 to 20 upvotes and nobody cares at all," whether it is just a perception or more, that should raise some major alarm bells and prompt some important discussions at Cireson.  To that point I would say that I have the same feeling as Silas with other, absolutely critical feature requests that I would also argue should not have been necessary in the first place.  Those requests sit around 10 or so votes and die, presumably because other customers do not understand their importance.  I do not place the blame for this with the other customers (who most likely are just overwhelmed with the rest of the product), either.

If we did not like the product, we would not bother to provide the feedback, but we can only take so much negative feedback from our users before bringing up all our options for consideration again.  Take this seriously and it will definitely be noticed and appreciated, however.
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hello guys! First of all thank you for your frank and professional feedback. I really appreciate what you are saying here, and would have to say that I totally agree with you. With that in mind, as I only took over the SMP and CMP products a few months ago, we've been through a lot of internal process changes to get us into a better place today than we were. I'd highlight the benefits of that, but honestly all that really matters is what you've hit on above.

In order to really hit the goal of releasing features that really are a 90% solution vs a 50% solution (100% is the target, but it's an ever changing target), we've introduced feature files internally that read like documentation prior to starting development. You'll see the first use of these with the upcoming configuration item editing and @ mentions functionality. We've also added a new tier of preview and testing to the product that should help to garner some feedback on these things prior to release.

As for the suggestion of changing the 'add me' to 'remove me' if you are already on the list... consider that done. I'll make sure it appears in the next release.

If you guys have any other suggestions please don't hesitate to message me directly. While I may not be able to respond to every request I get, I do read all of them.

Thanks
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I have to say our organization never bothered with implimenting the watchlist because of the lack of the features mentioned above, it just wasn't an item we couldn't justify. I hope that Seth and his team can make things better.

Many thanks @seth_coussens and @Tom_Hendricks for your time and support. I really appreciate that! I'm thankful that you take these points seriously Seth! We all can only win if we all pull in the same direction.

We love almost all Cireson products, but when I try to use the watchlist or the KB comments feature I sometimes feel like owning a Lamborghini with 3 wheels or no steering wheel....There are very good main-ideas but small things make it useless.

Thanks in advance an best regards :)

Thanks for jumping in and acknowledging this, @seth_coussens.  The changes you are implementing sound like they could address this, so it is encouraging to hear.