Home Analyst Portal

Change Font Size

Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Is there a way through configuration to modify the font size? We are moving to Cireson V7.4.2012.11 and most users prefer the font used in V5.0.10

Answers

• Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

You could try that with different CSS-styles in the custom.css file (https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/43#/).

But I know that's not the most convenient way.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what we did.  In our case, I set the font-size on the Body tag down to 0.9em and the font-family to "Segoe UI", "Segoe", "Helvetica","Arial" (or something similar--writing from memory here).  Firefox handles Segoe UI and Segoe UI Light/Semibold as a single font, so be aware of that and use font-weight in your styles, if you are using it.  Also be aware that Windows users will see that font, but mobile browsers will not, so you will have to account for that one way or another.

I did let "Open Sans" through on a few pages, such as certain elements on the Service Catalog, but PT Sans was not well-received here.

I could easily see where other companies would react the opposite way.  There is nothing really wrong with PT Sans but certain fonts mesh better with certain businesses' design language than others.

That is one of the many reasons why I am glad that we have the custom.css file, and that the installer leaves it alone.