Home General Discussion

Having the users department on the call in a SR or IR

Mark_GearyMark_Geary Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi Is there any way of having the users department to show on the portal in an SR and IR from AD or from the Organizations list? We need to report on how many calls each deparment has loged?

Best Answer

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, it's possible. You can click the little info icon, next to the username, and it should show Department in there. It would also be possible to add the information somewhere on the WI template view.

But more importantly, wouldn't it be better to make a report for this?
  • Mark_GearyMark_Geary Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Konstantin 
    Yes we can see it when we click on the info icon. I have been tyrying to add it toi the IR and SR templete but i have not been able to do this yet. We do have reports that we run but these only show the user and not there department. So i thought that if we add it to the IR and SR then this will show in the reports that we run.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Ah okay.

No, it won't automatically show up in reports, just because you add it to the form as a property. Rather, you would have to build a report, which includes this property. You can either build a custom SCSM report with something like SQL Report Builder, or you could do somewhat the same on the Cireson Portal, if you have an Analytics license, which may be a bit easier to get started with.
    HI Konstantin 
    I can sort the reports out once i have it in the IR or SR. The problem that i am having is added the department to the IR and SR and have created a box for Deparment but i can get it to link to the users deparment in AD. The other way that i have tried is to have a drop down box populated from the list we have in the Organizations list. 
    I have managed to get it to do a Cost code list but cant get it to do the 
    Organizations list. 
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mark_Geary
    I get this details for reports via SQL queries. 
    Depending on the use case some are set as SQL widgets dashboards on the portal, others are setup for reports. Attached is an example SQL queries where we pull from the DataMart. (Note we have a custom DataMart DB name)
    @Brian_Wiest
    Hi Thanks for the information. We have reports alraedy set up and i can add the department part in if i can get it in to the SR and IR form.
    Are you looking to be able to edit the department via the SR/IR forms? Or would just like it displayed on the page?
    We just need to be able to select it from a list or to take it from the department in AD for that user. The List one would be the one we would like to have. We have created all the departments in the Organizations list but i cant get these to show.
    Departments for a user CI is controlled by the AD import. I have seen some options for making users editable and then a sync job back to AD but nothing solid. 
    Sounds like you build out organizations for Asset Management which is for hardware and software assets.
    Sounds like your best bet is to update your AD values so they replicate into SCSM.
    @Brian_Wiest
    Hi we have the users deparment in SCSM in there user details from AD.