Home Analyst Portal

SCOM Incident Details within Incident Form

Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Has anyone managed to get any of the SCOM generated incident fields to display on the incident form (only if it's an SCOM incident of course)?

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The closest I've done is enabling a "View SCOM Alert" task on SCOM only Incidents.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2228/portal-task-enable-view-scom-alert

As it turns out, while the portal still interprets this as a regular Incident class, the view model contains all of the class nuances of the SCOM Incident Class. That said, this customization of mine boils down to a simple IF statement -

if (pageForm.viewModel.AlertId)
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd seen your post on that @Adam_Dzyacky so hoping that I can just add an extra tab with some details from the SCOM alert present if the alertid is present as above. To the dev machine!
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like @Adam_Dzyacky says, if you look at a SCOM-generated incident ticket, they have some unique properties.  Open one of those tickets in the portal, open a browser console, and type pageForm.ViewModel, hit enter, and you will have an expandable ticket object that you can explore.

A quick sampling of some of the properties available in a SCOM IR are:
    • AlertId
    • ManagementGroupName
    • ManagementPackName
    • MonitoringObjectId
    • MonitoringRuleId
    • AlertCustomField1 - AlertCustomField10
    These can be added to a new or existing IR form tab like other properties, but they will not be present in other IRs, so you want to compensate for when they cannot be bound to, somehow.  Also keep in mind that several of these fields are GUIDs, so you would probably want to make an API call to get more/better information about them before displaying them, anyway.  For AlertId and MonitoringRuleId, you would have to query SCOM, as there is no corresponding object in SCSM.  For objects that exist in both systems, they would have the same GUID.

I believe that Desired State Configuration IR tickets also have some of their own properties, but would need to confirm.
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Interesting that @Adam_Dzyacky as if you load the appropriate management packs from SCOM into SCSM it may be possible to load the alert name/monitoring rule name by using the api query if it exists in the database. Might have to play around with that in the lab to see what I can pull through