Home Analyst Portal

Analyst Portal not retaining/saving custom list values

David_AcevedoDavid_Acevedo Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello, I have customized my incident form and haven't had much luck with saving the custom list values. 

Proccess before adding new custom fields: 
1. Extended the Incident Class 
2. Added new Custom Properties and changed to List 
3. Sealed MP and imported into SCSM. 

Incident.JS customizations

I have added the EnumID to the Incident JS utilizing the same format as the classification but no luck :(  
Is there's anything missing? 

Here's part of the code: 

{ DataType: "Enum", PropertyDisplayName: "Symptom", PropertyName: "Symptom",Required: true, EnumId:'06d806f0-9c0f-7cf7-4caa-8ca043793a0a' },

Here's the screens: 

Selected and after saving goes blank again 

Any help will be more than appreciated. I have created an incident with Cireson but no responses yet. 

Best Answers

• David_AcevedoDavid_Acevedo Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    @Joe_Burrows
    Thank you very much sir, this helped me solve the issue. 
    Figure that I had a typo in my enumerations ID and property names. Updated with the correct name and now it's working like a champ. 

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    No worries, glad its all working :)

Answers

Hi David

Those are the correct steps to follow.

In most cases if the list value doesn't save to the property its when the property name on the custom form is incorrect.

Can you confirm that the property name in your extension is "Symptom"? 

Does it show on the extension tab in the SCSM console and save OK?
    @Joe_Burrows Thanks for the quick response, I have reimported the Management Packs and it's showing and also saving on the SCSM Console under the extensions tab. Even though I can save on the console the portal still not saving the values. Confirmed the EnumIDs and Internal names for the extended fields and they match so not sure what's going on. 
    The ID that saved successfully in the SCSM console does it return the value if you run the below (replacing ID with the ID you saved successfully on):

Get-SCSMObject -Class (get-scsmclass system.workitem.incident$) -Filter "id -eq IR68271" | select Symptom

@Joe_Burrows  ran the command and the value didn't show up came out blank.

However, the portal history shows the modified values and on the SCSM console, the value is assigned. 

Not why is this happening, I have other custom values on the Change Request side and it's working like a champ but incident no luck :( 
  • David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Out of interest how did you seal the extension MP? just using fastseal or using Auth tool?
    Answer ✓
    @Joe_Burrows
    Thank you very much sir, this helped me solve the issue. 
    Figure that I had a typo in my enumerations ID and property names. Updated with the correct name and now it's working like a champ. 

Answer ✓
    No worries, glad its all working :)
This discussion has been closed.