Home Analyst Portal

Cireson Platform Documentation & OData Instruction

John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hey guys,

Just running through the v8.1 update on my DEV system but just wondering if I've missed something. There's no documentation that I can find mentioning upgrade or install instructions for this. I've had to enable the MS DTC on both the application and database server to get the Cireson Platform to initialize and now that I have, there's issues getting data into it.

Seems to be relating to specific columns within Asset Management being missing. Is there a minimum required version of Asset Management?

Also, how does one authenticate to the OData endpoints? I really hope I haven't missed something terribly simple!

Thanks!!

John

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened an IR ticket with Cireson for essentially what you have described here, after exhausting all the possibilities I could think up.  They have a PR open and are looking at it.  I suspect that either your environment and mine may be very similar, or else everyone is experiencing it too but not saying anything.

In the meantime, I would also love to see some of this addressed in the Installation docs and also to get some documentation on using the endpoints (maybe like the current API documentation but with more complete syntax and examples, if they are taking requests!).
  • John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi @Tom_Hendricks! Ah ok, did you have to go through any additional steps to get it working? Do you see errors in your event view for Platform Cache reporting that asset management columns are missing too?
    John_Long said:
    Hi @Tom_Hendricks! Ah ok, did you have to go through any additional steps to get it working? Do you see errors in your event view for Platform Cache reporting that asset management columns are missing too?
    I have never gotten it to work, actually.  Still waiting for a solution.  If I make a few assumptions based on the errors you are mentioning, I think you may have had more success with this than we have.  I do not get those errors because everything is failing before that check would have happened.

This seems like a fantastic addition to the product, so I really hope the solution is identified soon.
    @Tom_Hendricks this may help you so. Check for the error on your servers though. EventVwr is our friend! :Dhttps://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753620(WS.10).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Thanks, @John_Long!  I will take all the suggestions I can get!

I do see the events in the event log that point to this, however enabling it has absolutely no effect, positive or negative, other than to make those events stop populating.

I still get a prompt for credentials any time one of these endpoints is called, and no credentials will satisfy the request, so it always ends up as a 401 (Unauthorized) error.
    @Tom_Hendricks, ah yes ok. The MSDTC just removed the event errors. No luck on the OData though! Was able to obtain a JSON file for the "Me" object when querying via one of my web servers but never remotely.
    I do not like to sit around and wait for problems to get fixed if there is another option, but I think this one is completely in Cireson's hands now.
  • james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @John_Long
    @Tom_Hendricks

We are actively working on the documentation for interacting with and extending the OData endpoints.
    @james_kleinschnitz are there any updates on this?  I am aware of the two OData Table and Chart KB articles on the support portal, but further documentation could also be very useful, especially, around extending the endpoints.  Thanks!