Home Configuration Manager Apps
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Cireson Ticker - Toast Notifications for Mobile Devices

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in Configuration Manager Apps
With the the recent iterations of SCCM and Intune, going hybrid with InTune is now possible without having to re-enroll your devices (Configuration Manager version 1610 and Microsoft Intune version 1705). What would be really cool, is leveraging this integration within the Ticker App so that it would be possible to push announcements (toast notifications) to all/some group of mobile devices that are in said hybrid deployments.

This functionality would enable the ability to post announcements to desktops and mobile users within the organization through a single administrative pane.
7 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Adam,

Thank you for your suggestion!
    Currently the Ticker client is a Windows application. 
    With your suggestion, do you envision a universal app running on mobile devices capable of presenting notifications using the toast notification?

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I think there are probably a lot of different ways this could be accomplished, but the first one that comes to mind is leveraging the stock Microsoft Company Portal App and its Notifications area.

I haven't heavily looked into the InTune SDK so I could just as easily be making the false assumption that "Surely there is some way to push a custom Notification into the Company Portal app given its notifications area." I'm hoping this is true, as it would mean there isn't a need for a custom Cireson phone app but instead an update to the Ticker App that understands the hierarchy of the All Mobile Devices, Device Collection within SCCM, then can use the SCCM/InTune Hybrid integration to obtain the details of the device(s) before making a call to InTune, which would then in turn push that notice down to clients. Then the device is doing nothing more than showing a toast notification from an already installed app (Company Portal). In which case the Ticker App functions as no more than the first domino push.

This feels like the most ideal scenario as it requires no installation of new software, doesn't require Cireson to invent infrastructure, doesn't require Cireson to develop mobile apps, but instead upgrade the current Ticker App to support an SCCM/InTune Hybrid deployment. But again, it's making the assumption of the InTune SDK that I'm merely hoping is possible at this point.
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Adam. The SDK, from what I understand, is a bit limited today. But hopefully will expand in the future. We've not pursued much in the MDM area yet, but something definitely on our radar, now that Microsoft has provided some integration capabilities with the SDK.