Home Notify Analyst

Notify Analyst - Self-assigned sending emails despite being disabled

Brendan_SmithBrendan_Smith Customer IT Monkey ✭
We have only recently gone live with our production environment. The notify analyst app worked perfectly through dev and test and even in production. Then overnight our analysts started receiving "ticket assigned to you" emails when they had assigned to themselves.

I have tested and the analyst doesn't receive an email if using the SCSM Console, but hitting "assign to me" on our Cireson portal triggers an email.

Under general settings I have the "Skip assignment and in-progress notifications where analyst assigned to self" selected. I can't think of anything else that has changed

Best Answer

• Brendan_SmithBrendan_Smith Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    This seems to have resolved itself now. I was having some other issues with the new Action Log Notify function. I decided to install from scratch and re-copy the DLL's and management pack and have not had the issue since. 

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Answers

• Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Brendan.

What version of Notify Analyst do you have installed?
    Hi Billy,

Version 7.6.2012.20
  • Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Brendan,

I wasn't able to replicate the issue but I currently have Notify Analyst version 7.7.2016.16 installed and am using Portal 8.1.1.2016. Do you have a different version of the Portal installed in Dev than in Prod? Trying to determine if it might be the Portal causing the issue. I am asking around internally as well.

Hi Billy,

Unfortunately we are on an older portal version.
    Current Portal Version: 7.2.2012.1
    Management Pack Version: 7.7.2012.185

Thanks for your assistance
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    You should just be able to update your notify analyst version, as it doesn't relate to the portal. You can keep your same portal version and still update to the latest notify analyst.

Just be aware the latest version replaces the functionality of action log notify as well.
    Yes will definitely try to do that when we have the chance. My only concern is that this issue is not currently present in our test environment.

If I upgrade the version in test and it all runs smoothly, there is still the potential for the issue to be present in production.

Will give it a try nonetheless but may be a little while before we can push it through.

• damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Brendan_Smith
    It has been a while. Did the upgrade fix your issue?
    My dev and test environments have been on 7.7 for some time, however they never had the issue to begin with. I have finally gotten around to upgrading my production environment a couple of weeks ago and so far no issues.

Prior to the upgrade the problem was only occurring fairly intermittently, maybe 4-5 days per month. So I will hold off for another couple of weeks before I confirm that the issue is resolved.
    Unfortunately this started happening today. It is so intermittent that it makes it hard for me to find where the issue may be.

When it happens, it happens for the full day and as our cache builder runs over night I suspect it's something to do with that. I'll keep trawling through the logs and see if anything stands out. Otherwise I will look to upgrade notify analyst to version 8 when I have time.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Answer ✓
    This seems to have resolved itself now. I was having some other issues with the new Action Log Notify function. I decided to install from scratch and re-copy the DLL's and management pack and have not had the issue since. 

Thanks all for your suggestions.