Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Website startup issue

I'm having a problem getting the website up and running.  I'm using accounts that have full access into SCCM and it's DB, as well as the server itself.  When the website tries to start, the ConfigMgrPortal pool keeps stopping.  I can restart the pool, and it will stay running, but the website will show a 503 error.  If i then restart the website itself, the pool stops once again.  Where can i start to troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Answers

• Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    HI Mark,

What version of CMP are you using?

• MarkKentMarkKent Member IT Monkey ✭
    The latest, 2.10
    And you are using the same account for all 3? can you post the following logs?
    All 3 in C:\Program Files\Cireson\Portal for Configuration Manager\Services\logs
    Application.evt

All i have in there are .log files, no .EVT logs.  Will those suffice?
    yep.
    Here they are.
    Any thoughts?
    the logs look like everything is synchronizing correctly. did you use the installer to set it up? Also check to make sure that you have the IIS Features and App Pool settings listed in the attached docs
  • F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Mark,

In IIS, locate the CMP Site and select Bindings from the Action pane.
    Then verify the HostName is set to the DNS name of the site.
    If you have the server name of the server you will have a conflict.
    In particular, if you have the ConfigMgr Management Point running on the same server these sites will block each other and you will start to see errors in the state messages for the Management Point.

Also, make sure your IIS Application Pool account has appropriate permissions on the folder where the CMP files are located.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
    I got it to work.  Windows Process Activation was failing.  It turns out the account I was using to run the Portal pool did not have Log on as a Batch Job rights.  Once I corrected this, it was all set.   Thanks for the help!