Home Analyst Portal

View team change Request under Team Work

Joshua_WalkerJoshua_Walker Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
I wanted to know if it is possible to view change request assigned to other analyse under Team work like we see SR and IR?

Best Answers

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but you have to add a Support Group list to the Change Request class.  A customization for this was created and shared out a while back: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/169/add-support-group-field-to-portal-ma-activity-form#latest The title says "MA" but it includes both MA and CR work item types.

In the interest of giving a complete answer, there are more difficult ways to accomplish this that would not require adding the list to your CR tickets, but they only work if there is some hint in the system as to what team should see the ticket (e.g. always choose the SR Support Group the assignee belongs to, and people only ever belong to one group).  Then you could use a SCORCH/SMA runbook to update the portal DB....but this requires a near-perfect aligning of your business logic and probably some stars, too.
  • Joshua_WalkerJoshua_Walker Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Ok, I got the request for the manager of the Dev team that wanted to change from using CR to use SR for changes because he cant see changes his team is working on via Team Work.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The customization works, and should solve your dev manager's problem.  At the end of the day, a change process can work using SRs as the ticket, but there is a lot that you lose by doing that, in my opinion.  Having separation can be very helpful, there are different data that I want to know about for a change that I do not care about when it comes to the average SR.  Give it a try in your dev environment and show it to them.
    The customization works, and should solve your dev manager's problem.  At the end of the day, a change process can work using SRs as the ticket, but there is a lot that you lose by doing that, in my opinion.  Having separation can be very helpful, there are different data that I want to know about for a change that I do not care about when it comes to the average SR.  Give it a try in your dev environment and show it to them.
    Yup that is why i would prefer to find a solution to his problem rather then switch to a SR. But im still trying to figure out how to get the customization to work. i installed the MP to add the supportgroup field under the Extension tab but im at a lost in what i need to change in the js file to get the CR to use the group so i can see it in Team Work on the portal.
    Also im still on portal version 7.3...which i think would be a issue
    edited September 2017
    Don't forget that when performing this customization there are two settings at play for Cireson functionality here and both will be configured in the Settings of the SCSM Console.

1. Cireson - Console App Tier Mappings: You'll use this so that things like the console's My Active Work Items, Assign Analyst by Group, etc. all know how to leverage your new custom enumeration.
    2. Cireson - Portal Group Mapping Settings: You'll use this so that the portal's Team Work, Assign Analyst by Group, etc. functions know how to leverage your new custom enumeration.

It sounds like you've skipped the second part, but if you haven't then it points to an issue with CacheBuilder not catching and then syncing these new values. If so, it's worth pursuing a full rebuild through CacheBuilder to force this enumeration over.
    @Adam_Dzyacky

I did Cireson - Portal Group Mapping Settings 

But let me check the other
    Got it to work...didnt want to work in my lab but it worked in prod
    Humm i added the field in my CR js files but the content is not appearing. I restarted the CacheBuilder a few times. did a CTRL+F5 but still blank. i Added all the mappings properly because i can see the CR in Team Work.

this is what i added to my js file

{ DataType: "Enum", PropertyDisplayName: "Support Group", PropertyName: "SupportGroup", EnumId: "033102c1-7fee-2da1-b705-1bf4a8763473"},

@Adam_Dzyacky

Yup that did the trick :) Thank you
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most excellent!