Home General Discussion

System Center 2016

Bryant_RichardsBryant_Richards Customer IT Monkey ✭
Does the current Cireson Suite of applications support System Center 2016? We are looking to upgrade soon and are hoping its supported.

Thanks!

Comments

• RyanLancialRyanLancial Member IT Monkey ✭
    I can't speak to Cireson support for 2016 as I haven't had a chance yet to really dig on any of the Technical Previews, but last I heard RTM for SC 2016 was scheduled on Microsoft's Roadmap for release in Q3 of this year.

Generally curious, how soon are you guys looking? Have you worked with any of the Technical Preview's? What's driving the desire for being so early to the '2016 game'?
  • Bryant_RichardsBryant_Richards Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Just trying to plan ahead for the future. I'm sure it will be on our road map at some point. It's something we use every day so would rather be prepared for when we do.
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Given that the what I have read about 2016 there are not any real changes in architecture I would think there is a good chance that there will not be a changes needed if nay for Cireson to work with it.
  • R_DelawderR_Delawder Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I did a test install with Microsoft and the portal install fails on a fresh build of 2016 TP5. . however if you restore the database from another test environment it will finish the install with only one error (and a crash of Ciresonpermissions.exe) however after the reinstall with the restored copy of the database you can truncate the tables then manually change the startup options of the cachebuilder service and get it to run. The console licensing app fails also, no errors during the MP import but unable to launch from settings after. Our MS DSE contacted Cireson with the results to see if there is going to be a beta release that we could try.
  • carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    Cireson is indeed preparing for the SCSM 2016 release we do not have any betas that are available as yet but stay tuned.