Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Ability to use 'Me Token' in SQL Query Dashboards

The dashboard designed is so cool and we can create some awesome grids and charts. However, having the ability to plug the current logged on user's Id into the query would allow the creation of many user-centric graphs and charts.

For example, this would allow the re-creation of My Work, Team Work displaying extra columns including even custom ones.

Here's my mock up example.

We cannot promote Views containint the ME token this is a good soluion to create grids and charts such as:

Reviews Activities I need to Review
My Incdients
My Service Requests
Work Items Created be Me
Problems assigned to My Team

Please up vote if you or your organisation want to see custom grids and charts based on the logged on user in the Cireson Portal

Geoff
42 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Perfect - this would be great!
  • Olena_PrychynaOlena_Prychyna Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Wee need it too.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't this feature part of the 7.3 release?
  • john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    The @UserId parameter can be added to your SQL query and it will contain the user id of the logged in user when the SQL Query is executed. There is a catch unfortunately. It will only work for users who are work item scoped. If the user is not work item scoped, then the @UserId parameter will still be added to the query, but it will be set to NULL.

Personally I would rather they had added the @UserId and @IsWorkItemScoped parameters separately rather than combine them into one.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    This is now available in 7.4.201x.11. for any user, not just ones with Scoped WI Access.
    Woooooo!!!!

I think further SQL query functionality is coming soon too to allow more dynamic filters.
  • Olena_PrychynaOlena_Prychyna Customer IT Monkey ✭

Now - works for us! Thank you.

@UserId - is a GUID.

So for "Created By Me" view we just do:

where wi.CreatedByUserId = @UserId

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    • @UserId - which serves as a “me” token. This is replaced by the logged in user’s id
    • @IsScoped – determines whether the logged in user has scoped access or not
    • @LanguageCode – determines the logged in user’s preferred language
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old thread, but I think this comes closest to something we need.

Is there any variable we could use for the current user's time zone offset from UTC?  Seeing everything in the "wrong" time zone in all dashboards is killing us...  If I hard code an offset, it is wrong for 8 months out of the year for one time zone in the US, and wrong all year round for the other 12 where we have IT personnel trying to manage their tickets.

Something like @UserTimeZone that returned a string matching the values in the sys.time_zone_info table in SQL Server would be absolutely amazing.

Failing something simple/easy like that, I have had some success making these conversions in JavaScript using momentjs.  Is there any way I could pass that on a per-user basis into a bracketed ({{}}) value?  I am trying not to get too heavy with custom code here, because I have non-developers writing these views.