Home Analyst Portal

Portal performance - why is the same file getting loaded 6 times and taking 12 seconds?

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
I have spent some time trying to get my custom add-in code to run more efficiently, but discovered that my pages were still running slow even when I stopped loading my custom code. The culprit seems to be Kendo loading the same Cireson CSS file multiple times, at 12 seconds.  I spent some time in IIS trying to get it to cache, compress, etc. this file, but it takes the same amount of time to load no matter what.  Have a look:

The compression helped shave off about 2 seconds--I am transferring < 700k instead of 8mb.  However, even when the file is loaded from cache, it still sits there for 12+ seconds of wait time.  This is a new phenomenon.  I am running 8.1 in the environment pictured here.

• Is anyone else seeing this?
  • Does anyone know what is causing it?
  • Does anyone know how to fix it?  30+ seconds is a long time to wait for a ticket to open.
Detail:

Best Answers

• james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I will have the engineering team look at this in an upcoming release.
    Thanks

Answers

• james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks
    Are you sure that you have removed all your customizations?  I ask this because when we reference static assets like js and css files we always append a version number in order to force the browser to recache these files.  The cireson.main.min.css file that is getting loaded multiple times does not have a version number, based on your screenshot. 

Thanks
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this screenshot still had my customizations loaded.  I believe I have figured it out.  This is getting loaded for each Kendo Editor control in the form, rather than being loaded once for all.

When I removed customizations, I just commented the custom.js and custom.css, but did not change the ticket form JSON files.  If I rename/replace the whole CustomSpace folder, this no longer occurs.

So I will re-frame my question a bit more appropriately, now:

Is it really necessary to reload the same css file for each Kendo control that uses it?  I realize this might be more of a question for Telerik/Progress, but it also might not be.
    Should have included this in my response yesterday, for clarity: My code is not loading the files.  Using the Kendo Editor control on a custom ticket form is, however.
    Should have included this in my response yesterday, for clarity: My code is not loading the files.  Using the Kendo Editor control on a custom ticket form is, however.
    Can you give me a little bit more information about what you mean here?
    I have an "Editor" control for more than one property on a custom form.  The Kendo code is loading that css file an additional time for each Editor control that is present on the form.  If I switch a property to use String or LongString instead, it no longer loads the css file an additional time.
    Answer ✓
    I will have the engineering team look at this in an upcoming release.
    Thanks