Home Advanced Request Offering

Dynamic prompts failing.

To establish things - I currently have a dozen or more single page request offerings with working dynamic prompts.

The one that doesn't work:

I currently have a request with 6 pages, and page 2, 4, and 5, have questions that each lead to additional dynamic questions.  For example: 

So as you can see - additional questions show up when true.  (NOTE: BOTH images are trimmed and not showing every question just to save space.)

Now the question on Page 2 - works fine. 

The Questions on Page 4 get a weird.... error.   Page 5 just doesn't do anything.

So page 4:

So I get a few questions that should ONLY be showing up if the answer to the first question is "true" to Yes.   My first thought was ... OK - I must have messed up the answer / True False.

So I Choose YES.  And YES the questions disappear.....

So BACK to NO....  and STILL... no questions.

For the record - the questions are configured correctly (by my opinion).  I have tried changing queries I get various changes.

The only additional factor is that some of the questions are dynamic based on previous dynamic questions.  So Question 1 = yes, then question 2 shows. but not 3 unless 2 is answered a specific way. 

Some of my testing:

If I turn off dynamic prompts for these questions - they all appear.  

If I turn off the dynamic prompts for the "first question"  - some of the dynamic prompts work for other questions.

I built a new Request offering with JUST the setup from page 4 and it works fine.

I suspect some kind of corruption possibly?  but this is a huge offering (for my environment) and I don't want to start from scratch unless i must.   

ANY ideas would be awesome

Thanks,

Jeremy

Best Answer

• Jeremy_CastleberryJeremy_Castleberry Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    FYI - I deleted the MP and recreated without error..  but I suspect spacing or corruption somewhere.

Answers

• Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Could you post a screen shot of the dynamic setup for the question (Show When True).  I have seen this happen when you get the logic correct, but point it to the wrong question.  Just a thought.  Without seeing the definition of the logic, hard to troubleshoot. 

Could you post a screen shot of the dynamic setup for the question (Show When True).  I have seen this happen when you get the logic correct, but point it to the wrong question.  Just a thought.  Without seeing the definition of the logic, hard to troubleshoot. 

These?

then the next question is a dependent of that one:

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    This is a complete shot in the dark, but I noticed that in the config the value is "Yes  I undestand.." (no hyphen) and in the screenshot of the prompt on the portal is "Yes - I undertand.." (with hyphen). Maybe the hyphen is causing trouble for Ciresons logic parser? Unless you already though of this, and have removed the hyphen between taking the screenshots.
    This is a complete shot in the dark, but I noticed that in the config the value is "Yes  I undestand.." (no hyphen) and in the screenshot of the prompt on the portal is "Yes - I undertand.." (with hyphen). Maybe the hyphen is causing trouble for Ciresons logic parser? Unless you already though of this, and have removed the hyphen between taking the screenshots.

Very Good eye sir.  However sadly that's just a reflection of taking screenshots at two different times.  I took out the - and other special characters to make sure that wasn't somehow part of the problem.  Thank you for looking so in-depth.  
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hm, it seems very weird. Obvious guess, is that something went horribly wrong, and now the MP is corrupt, as you suggested yourself.

Another thing I noticed: In the configuration for the "Which users need access to the archive?" prompt, the dropdown for question seems to be missing "Sign Off on HR...", but maybe this is just because you have edited the images to save space / screenshottet at different times? And if that isn't the reason, it unfortunately again points to a corrupted MP as the cause.
  • Yann_EspanetYann_Espanet Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi, I've got the same issue and there was an empty space after the affected choice. After removing the space, everything was fine !
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of the ARO mp do you have? I know that a few revs ago certain characters broke aspects of the request in the identical way you are describing.
    ARO?
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advanced Request Offering
    Answer ✓
    FYI - I deleted the MP and recreated without error..  but I suspect spacing or corruption somewhere.
    edited September 2017
    Advanced Request Offering

Cireson Portal 7.7.2012.185

MP - 7.5.2012.46

ARO Version 7.5.20.16.46

Below the screenshots

2.png 15.8K
    Portal version : 7.7.2016.185