Home Advanced Send Email

Problem with fileattachment

Hi,

When I try to send an mail with attachment I get the following error:

Application: Send Email Form
Application Version: 7.5.3079.607
Severity: Error
Message: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.

System.ApplicationException: Something wrong happened ---> System.NotSupportedException: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.
   at System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.DataItemCollection.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedAction action, Object item, Int32 index)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Add(T item)
   at itnetx.consolemail.assembly.Classes.ConsoleMailWizardData.AddAttachmentToIncident()
   at itnetx.consolemail.assembly.Classes.ConsoleMailWizardData.AcceptChanges(WizardMode wizardMode)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at itnetx.consolemail.assembly.Classes.ConsoleMailWizardData.AcceptChanges(WizardMode wizardMode)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.WpfWizardFramework.PropertySheetDialogBase.bgw_DoAcceptWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.BackgroundWorkerWithCulture.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
System.NotSupportedException: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.
   at System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.DataItemCollection.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedAction action, Object item, Int32 index)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Add(T item)
   at itnetx.consolemail.assembly.Classes.ConsoleMailWizardData.AddAttachmentToIncident()

The mail sends and the attachment is included but the send mail popup is still there and the only thing you can do is press cancel. If I send without attachment its working fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

Using v2.2.2012.1

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of SCSM are you running?
  • Magnus_AnderssonMagnus_Andersson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Sorry for late answer. We running 2012 R2
    Have to attempted to disable your custom space to see if any JS is modifying the form behavior?
    What is the quickest way to disable it? Rename the custom.js file? Do I need to restat IIS?
    To make sure all custom is disabled rename the folder, then Ctrl+F5 to refresh your browser cache. 
    This will disable all custom content to test.
    Didnt help but just to be clear. It's not from Cireson portal I get this problem. It's when I use "SCSM Advanced Send Email" and try to send an mail with attachment from SCSM concole the problem occurs. 
    Ah. Have you installed a custom MP modifying the form?
    Yes, we have a FormCustomization MP with some extra click boxes and some extra ClassExtension.
    Do you have a testing environment to pull the MP. most likely something in the MP is causing the conflict. (Could be a form/field id or name)