Home Analyst Portal

Create request on behalf of vs Line manager should review

Marco_WesterhoffMarco_Westerhoff Customer IT Monkey ✭
In the Portal our Service-desk employees can use the option 'Create request on behalf of' for exceptional situations. But when the work-flow contains a Review Activity with the option 'Line manager should review' selected, the reviewer becomes the manager of the Service-desk employee instead of the line manager of the selected user (in the field 'Create request on behalf of'). Is that normal behaviour or a bug?

Best Answers

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Marco,
    Interesting. Its the SCSM Workflow that populates this so I will dig into how it works. It appears its using the Created by User rather then Affected User. Let me try and replicate and i'll get back to you.
    Geoff
  • Marco_WesterhoffMarco_Westerhoff Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Adam,
    Thanks for your reaction. When I look at the history off the Review Activity, the first entry contains:
    (Relationship changes): Add -> Created by User: <the user entered in field 'Create request on behalf of'>.

So if you are right (it use the Created By user relationship), then it should add line manager of the user entered in 'Create request on behalf of'. Or did I missed something?

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hey, you go ahead and steal all the thunder you need. That's what this platform is all about.
    Adam, I've marked your comments as answer. I reached the same conclusion in testing so I guess just never came across this before. Also, good spot that this must have to be the way as CRs don't have affected user.
    Marcus, let us know if Cireson can help with some runbook automation to handle this for you.