Home Service Manager

Handling cross-department Service Requests

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
In a lengthy, cross-departmental Service Request two things seem inherently challenging out of the gate from a template perspective:
  1. Assigning the Support Group of the SR
  2. Assigning the Assigned To of the SR
It goes without saying you could Orchestrate/SMA your way out of this but that sounds like a fair amount of runbooks to me and not to mention would be next to impossible to accurately report on. Well...you could report on it. But it would present it's own set of challenges.

I'm curious what people are doing around this area other than viciously defining the Manual Activities that make up the respective SR and then reporting on those activities (which is what I'm expecting to the community consensus to be, but I'm open to being wrong!)

Comments

• Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    +1 on using activities to delegate tasks.
    we are looking at this now, and rather than assigning an SR to a support group, we assign it to an SR quality control group/individual, who "overlooks" all SRs to make sure they are on track.
    its the activities that get assigned to support groups etc. does make reporting a bit of a pain though I know :(
  • Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    We are currently deploying some cross functional workflows using SCSM as well, this topic also is a concern of mine for this type of request.

Would love to hear if you have found a good way to handle this.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say, it's bit more manageable if you extend the Manual Activity class to add a Support Group list enum (if not strongly hinted at by all several of Cireson's MP's/functionality). But after extending the MA Class, you still need to build a Data Warehouse MP to pull this extension in. Then you can fairly easily report on Support Groups across SR, IR, and MA. Same thing goes for CR - extend the class to add a Support Group enum.

The above scenario is exactly what I've done to ease some of the reporting pain.