Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Display 'Manager' Property of AD User

Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Is it possible to display the 'Manager' property for an AD record? I've tried adding it to the RelatedUserInfo.js but using 'Manager' as the property name doesn't work.

Best Answer

Answers

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks, Leigh. The "Line Manger to review" using the created by user is one of the hurdles we're looking to overcome.

I'm looking to create a PSA to create a review activity with the Affected User's manager as the reviewer once I get time. If anyone your or anyone else has any code they can share to that affect, I'd be very grateful.

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Our code is tied up in a custom module which I am not allowed to transfer out. The gist of it is:
    • PSA script that gets the Affected User and then invokes a SMA script, passing it the Affected User's UPN.
    • The SMA script queries AD and returns the manager's UPN back to the PSA script.
    • PSA script uses the UPN to return the SCSM user and adds them as a reviewer to any RA with "Manager" in the title.
    The reason I've used the SMA script to get the AD manager is that I need to pass credentials with the query to AD since it counts as a double-hop and needs CredSSP.

By the way, creating a custom PowerShell module for SCSM is a great idea as it allows you to keep your code in the PSAs to the bare minimum, allowing you to change the content without having to manually refresh every template.