Home Analyst Portal

IE slow compared to Chrome

Tom_PagelTom_Pagel Customer IT Monkey ✭
When I log into the portal on IE11, on any page, it takes 7-9 seconds to load. It works fine when I am running from the web portal itself and other SCSM server in the same data center. When I use Chrome, it loads in 2 seconds. I have cleared cache and this seems to be the same for everyone else?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm.  IE REALLY struggles with some activities that Chrome and Firefox both breeze through (I am no longer able to test Edge in our environment).

I have some custom functions that copy from one ticket to another new ticket, and that is where the difference is most obvious.  It can take IE up to 20 seconds (!!!!) to copy a single field into the same field in another window, and Chrome can copy the whole ticket in less than 10 seconds, relationships and all.

I tell all my users to stop using IE.  Doing this also makes it easier for them to send me error messages, since the consoles in Chrome and Firefox do not already need to be open before the error occurs, in order to capture them (as is the case with IE....rendering it essentially useless).