Home General Discussion
Options

What role is required for a Reviewer?

Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭

I have a user that is in the AD group specified within the Cireson portal under Admin settings Approve/Reject.   The user is also in Activity Implementers group within SCSM.  However, the user gets Request Failed when trying to approve a Review Activity from within the portal.  What does the user need?

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    What's usually the issue here is the user in question does not have at least read-only access to the parent work item. This can quickly be verified by providing the URL directly the parent SR/CR and verifying you get the same error message.

Alternatively, if you run the following StoredProcedure in ServiceManagement you should also get a quick "user has rights or they don't" response.

EXEC spCheck_UserWorkItemPermissions'<i>USERNAME</i>','<i>WORKITEMID</i>'

• Options
    Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭

I have run that and the user has access to all work items but neither the SR or RA can be found

Found 0 work item(s) matching id: SR7412 Found 1 user(s) matching user name: jwa User: Jeff A - Id: C8A90A3C-F800-FC0D-5A86-5AC4788E44B2 - Domain\UserName: COHXX\JWA - DistinguishedName: CN=Jeff Avery,OU=Information Technology,OU=Users,OU= - Has Permission to Access ALL Work Items in the System (1 row(s) affected)

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible your cachebuilder is out of sync? Can't think of a reason the work item wouldn't be there.
  • Options
    Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Jeff_Landers
     Have you solve the problem?
  • Options
    jefflandersjefflanders Member IT Monkey ✭

It appears to be working but I am not sure what is different. 

• Options
    @jefflanders Have you add all user as a analicyst in portal ? I try to create different roles based on all basic roles as Advanced Operator, but stiil end user can;t access manual activities. 

• Options
    Rick_ReyesRick_Reyes Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I had a similar issue to this. I had all AD Groups setup correctly, all portal group configured with correct AD groups, yet no one outside of Analyst Group could approve/reject. Once I had set the TeamGroupFilter to False, everything started working as it should. All users are now able to vote.
  • Options
    In Portal Admin Settings > Elements Settings try to change "TeamGroupFilter" = false  and check that this will help.