Home Advanced Request Offering
Options

Edit Request Offering to add prompt for Computer Tag #

I need to edit our IT Request offering on the portal to allow users to add their computer Tag # when submitting their request. I am having trouble mapping this prompt to a field within the service offering. The Field is within Asset Management but i don't see it displayed in the MP Enumeration listing. Any help would be appreciated?

Answers

• Options
    David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    hi, to display a list of Asset tags to select from the Hardware assets you need to use the Query result field, select hardware assets and add the asset tag field in the display column section, this will give a list that can be filtered to be selected from
  • Options
    Katie_DyerKatie_Dyer Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Hi Amit,

I know we worked on this via email, but since I see this on the community I’ll share what we did to achieve this for others. :)We added a query picker for the hardware asset class to the Request Offering. We configured the user prompt to be “Query Results” and then when going to configure this, selected the hardware asset class. You can specify any criteria if applicable and pick the display columns as well. On the options tab, we checked the check box to add the user-selected objects to related items as shown below. We also added the hardware asset name to the email template for the analyst assignment notification. To insert this value, we selected the “Is Related to Configuration Item” and then under hardware asset there is the Asset Name shown below.  
    Hopefully this is helpful!