Home Advanced Request Offering

Edit Service Offering to add prompt for Computer Tag #

I need to edit our IT Request offering on the portal to allow users to add their computer Tag # when submitting their request. I am having trouble mapping this prompt to a field within the service offering. The Field is within Asset Management but i don't see it displayed in the MP Enumeration listing. Any help would be appreciated?

Best Answer

• David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    hi, to display a list of Asset tags to select from the Hardware assets you need to use the Query result field, select hardware assets and add the asset tag field in the display column section, this will give a list that can be filtered to be selected from

Answers

Answer ✓
    hi, to display a list of Asset tags to select from the Hardware assets you need to use the Query result field, select hardware assets and add the asset tag field in the display column section, this will give a list that can be filtered to be selected from
  • Amit_MakhariaAmit_Makharia Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Great!! I was able to get this added successfully. However, I am unable to view the added info under Related Configuration Items in the console view. The idea was for this asset to show up in the ticket under this "Related Configuration Items field". I have selected the checkbox below, but the drop down to select incident is grayed out. And I am wondering if that is the issue.

hi, this is just a quirk of the system the fact its greyed out, having the box ticked and incident selected should work fine
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop down would be available if the targeted incident template has some connected activities. Since only one work item is available in the template then there is no requirement to change the drop down. 
  • Amit_MakhariaAmit_Makharia Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks guys, appreciate the help.