Home Analyst Portal
Options

Portal configuration migration from test 2 prod

Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hi, i just wondered how you handle configurations done in test env and migrate it to PROD env, Is there some easy way to just copy a few files or do you do the configuration one more time?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Robert,

Are you referring to out-of-the-box portal configurations (Navigation pages & permissions, etc) or customizations?

This is strictly for customizations done in our TEST env. Instead of doing it all over again in production env is there an option to take the modifications/customizations done in test and just import a file and the same modifications are implemented in PROD? or am i stuck to do the work all over again?

Answers

• Options
    Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Robert,

Are you referring to out-of-the-box portal configurations (Navigation pages & permissions, etc) or customizations?

• Options
    I have done some customizations and settings that i would like to get from test to prod. And some new pages and setting items that are configured in test.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Robert,

This is strictly for customizations done in our TEST env. Instead of doing it all over again in production env is there an option to take the modifications/customizations done in test and just import a file and the same modifications are implemented in PROD? or am i stuck to do the work all over again?