Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Make affected services mandatory before resolving an incident

Jon_RunheimJon_Runheim Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hi,
Being a 100% service based organization, we currently have an additon in the console to enforce the analysts to add an affected service before resolving the incident. Moving to the analysts portal we need the same functionality available there.
It would be awesome if this possibility could be added natively (or at least the option to turn it on) :)
This way we can have 100% control of which of our services that have the most problems, etc, and it makes reporting way more consistent in the cubes, for SLA's, etc.
Without the "hard" requirement of this, it gets forgotten and reporting becomes pretty useless..
14 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    This feature would be great to have.
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Agreed.. Many business are now focussing on the 'service'!

What would be really great is if a server is added as an affected config item, that an auto-lookup occurs to see if that server is linked to a service, and if so, auto-add that service :-)
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it does not seem that difficult to add Affected Services as a required field.  What is difficult is making a field optional at one point and required at another.  It can be done with custom JavaScript, but my mind is already racing with new error conditions that would be introduced by this.  When I read this feature request, I imagine seeing this issue solved in a more elegant way--perhaps a property on the Services multipicker such as "requiredBeforeClose=true."

@Jon_Runheim, am I on the same page?
    edited October 2017
    So it does not seem that difficult to add Affected Services as a required field.  What is difficult is making a field optional at one point and required at another.  It can be done with custom JavaScript, but my mind is already racing with new error conditions that would be introduced by this.  When I read this feature request, I imagine seeing this issue solved in a more elegant way--perhaps a property on the Services multipicker such as "requiredBeforeClose=true."

@Jon_Runheim, am I on the same page?

That is correct @Tom_Hendricks , that would be the best solution instead of some JS. This should be required when resolving Both Incidents and the Change.
    @Tom_Hendricks, @jon_Runheim am i wrong when i say that i can`t see the affected services field in the portal or have i missed something?. I have tried to add business service in Configuration Item within a Incident in the portal but cant find them in the list, maybe that is because there a couple thousand CI`s in our SCSM 
    The best way would be if there was a control or field that looks and is at the same place as in the console.
    This way it is visible at first glance.

• Evan_GordonEvan_Gordon Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Upvoted! This would be a great feature for all work item types.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robert_Osterberg, you would have to add this control using the multi object picker and specifying the class.  I find it curious that it is not there by default, but it can be done.  If you have your CI classes specified in the portal setup (instead of "everything"), make sure you add the service class and anything it inherits from.
  • Jon_RunheimJon_Runheim Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks , you may be right - I'm not too much into javascripts but will likely have to become so if it's not solved natively.Hopefully it gets upvoted enough.. ;)