Home Self-Service Portal - Community

New Install SSP Portal. HTTP Error 401.0 Unauthorized

Hello, cant Access the SSP Portal. Event Viewer: Unable to Validate License. Error: No License Found.

HTTP Error 401.0 Unauthorized

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Looks like you possible have a proxy in place. Is that correct?

• GaboGabo Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi... yes we have a Proxi... but the portal work fine on Chrome and not show in IExplorer
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Are you using the Community version of the SSP? If so, it does not need a license and the error you are seeing is just showing you that you do not have the full Analyst version.
    2. Have you added the correct users to the Analysts group that you defined during the installation of the portal?
    3. Have you added the "All Users" group the the End Users role within SCSM?
    4. Have you checked to see if the Cireson Cache Service is running?
    Check these and see how you go.
  • Damian_SheillDamian_Sheill Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

Having the same issue but sitting on a machine without internet access.  It was my understanding that the community portal didn't require a license but does it require to talk to the outside world?

Any comments would be appreciated,

Damian

• Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

as far as I know a 401 Error could be caused by several different things - what kind of authentication do you use ?

Integrated Windows authentication or Forms authentication ?

is the Portal Server in the same Domain as the Client PC ? (not AD Domain --> Internet Domain)

(e.g. hostname of Server aaa.xxx.com your Client bbb.yyy.com - OR Server aaa.xxx.com your Client bbb.xxx.com)

you can use F12 / Network Monitoring on the IE to track this a little bit down ....(you can see, what the IE is sending, and the responses from the Server)

Roland

• Damian_SheillDamian_Sheill Customer IT Monkey ✭

hi,

many thanks for your reply roland. 

I've solved it now, the account being used wasn't within the CI user table because it was the account I used to install Service Manager and even though it was a CI item within SM, as it hadn't been populated from an AD connector so it wasn't being pulled through.  Once included within a connector, golden :)

Damian