Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Configmgr Portal - Not all Computers are showing in the Portal

In the Portal not all Computers are showing. Only 326 of 3000 are there. Service and Caching is running.

Caching-LOG:

In the SQL Database those Computers are not listed in the dbo.Computer table.

What can I do?

Answers

• F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Hildwin,

Computers are synchronized to CMP if they are categorized as computers (not mobile device) and not decommissioned.
    When the Caching service is about to start the computer cycle, it states in the log how many computers it has pulled from ConfigMgr like:
    ComputerTask : SyncComputersSCCM : Got 1000 computers from ConfigMgr.

What values do you have here?

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • Hildwin_WonnerHildwin_Wonner Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited July 2017

Hi,

ComputerTask : SyncComputersSCCM : Got 328 computers from the Web Portal.

ComputerTask : SyncComputersSCCM : Got 3725 computers from ConfigMgr.

There is no error in the Log.

But all Users from Configmgr are in the Portal.

Best regards

Hildwin Wonner

• F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Looks like the Computer Caching cycle just ended unexpectable.
    Could you send me the log file? You can just click on my user name and send me a message that way if you don't want the log file on this thread.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • rick9878rick9878 Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Flemming, 

I've just installed CMP community edition and also have a discrepancy in both users and computers, see below.

27/07/2017 09:04:54 -> ComputerTask : SyncComputersSCCM : Got 9097 computers from the Web Portal.
    27/07/2017 09:04:55 -> ComputerTask : SyncComputersSCCM : Got 9140 computers from ConfigMgr.

27/07/2017 07:55:12 -> UserTask : Got 24674 users from Portal.
    27/07/2017 07:55:12 -> UserTask : Got 25328 users from ConfigMgr.

Can you help?

Thanks

Rick
  • Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi Rick,
    I spoke to Flemming and this is a tough one as we can see that a lot of users have been synchronised and are still being synchronised. 
    To troubleshoot further, can you set all tasks to run every 24 hours and the users to 1 hour (under the Service Settings > Service Tasks).  Then restart the caching service.  The log created should then be a bit more readable.
    Also, for any user that is missing in the portal, check the properties for the account only in ConfigMgr against an account that does exist in the portal and in ConfigMgr (things like SID, Name, UPN, Unique User Name).

Finally, this doesn't seem to be the case in the log you sent us, but we only import accounts that have a SID. if it doesn't you would see a relevant error like:

Error : ConfigMgr user record ' Demo\peter' (ResourceID 2394949) does not have a SID. Skipping.

Thanks,
    Davis

Morning Davis,
    Thanks for coming back to me. I'll make the changes to the service tasks and post up a new log. I'll also look at the properties of the missing user as suggested.

Regards

Rick
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Rick,

Were you able to try Davis' suggestion? If so, did it help?

Thanks,

Wally

Hi Wally,

I went back to Davis with additional log and tried his subsequent suggestion of deleting user object from Config Mgr. After I did this the missing user appeared. However there are other missing users from CMP so will really could do with knowing the root issue. Any further suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Rick
    Hi Rick,

Were you able to detect any differences in the users that do appear and those that don't (looking at some of the attributes that Davis mentioned)? I wonder if there is an issue with synching users that don't have a specific attribute listed.

That would be helpful to know. But if you did get Davis a new log after setting the sync schedules, then I'm sure he's on it with dev.

Thanks,

Wally

Hi Wally,

No, I compared the attributes of a good / imported to CMP user vs a bad one and the attributes appeared to be the same.

Yes I sent Davis a new log.

Thanks

Rick
  • Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi,

Added Wally and Flemming to private conversation so everyone is in the loop.

Thanks,
    Davis
    OK, thanks. Wanted to see if there were any difference, such as Distinguished Name. I know that Flemming made some changes here in v2.1.2, so if you have not tried it, please try that version to see if it helps. 
  • J_MarvesJ_Marves Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited October 2017
    I was having a similar issue with users as well. I updated to 2.1.2 and no users are getting imported now. I see "UserTask : ConfigMgr user record' user' is new to the portal, inserting " in the logs. In the portal events there are lots of these errors:

An exception occurred communicating with the data source. Exception: Invalid column name ''DistinguisedName''.
    Do you happen to have users with a lot of configured UDA relationships? We have found an issue with that (thanks again Rick for the help there) scenario. Let me know if you have that situation - that would help to know.
  • J_MarvesJ_Marves Member IT Monkey ✭
    Like one user having multiple devices configured with UDA relationships? If so then it's not alot. Maybe 5% of our users. We do have a large majority of our users configured with UDA relationships though.

Also on the errors from the portal. It's saying the Invalid column name is "DistinguisedName"(missing 'h') and I'm just assuming it's looking at the User Table in the db where that column name is "DistinguishedName".
    I just sent you a private message with the instructions from Flemming that helped with Rick's case. Let's move this to that thread and see if we can resolve it for you.
  • John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi All,

I am not able to see any users at all in the new 2.1.2 portal and I am getting all Conflicts in the computers. Can you Help?

Hi John,

Sorry that you are having difficulties. We have had some issues recently with the Users, and hope to have a new build out in the next week or so (with a newly designed user interface that you will notice). It also has some changes to the User process that we expect will resolve the issues you guys have been experiencing. I've never had any issues in any of my tests, but obviously some of you have.

As to the conflicts in Computers, I assume that you mean the "State" column/attribute. If so, which I'm pretty sure you mean, then that's because you have enabled MDT integration, and you have computers in ConfigMgr  (that we've pulled into the CMP) that are not in the MDT database. You have two options here - one would be to disable MDT integration, and the other would be to add those conflicting systems into MDT with the same SMBios GUID or MAC address that ConfigMgr has recorded for the computer. 

Either of those would resolve those conflicts. Of course, you could also create a view (or modify the Standard Computer View) and not show the "State" attribute. That won't resolve the conflicts, but at least you'd not see them in the Computers node (but would in the Dashboard).

Let me know if any of those suggestions helps resolve the Conflicts issue. And as soon as we have v2.2 ready, we'll make sure to announce it in the Community forums so you all will know.

Out of curiosity, is this a production environment, and a blocker for you? Or just a test environment and you can wait a week or so for a fix?

Thanks,

Wally

• John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Wally, 

Nice to hear from you and thanks for the quick reply. I Met you at a Cireson event last year or so I believe. I just installed the 30 day trial today so that I could begin testing the product out as there is much interest in the product. Not a complete deal breaker but was just curious as to why this was happening. 
    Hi John,

Thanks for trying it out, and hope that you've liked what you've seen so far (outside of the user import issue). We're pretty excited about the CMP. You can certainly continue to use the CMP as it is for your trial, you just may not have any users to work with in the CMP. The conflict state on computers has no affect on the product use at all either. And if you hover the mouse over one of the "Conflict" state records, a tooltip will appear to tell you why the conflict is reported (which would be as I stated previously).

We definitely expect to have v2.2 out well before your trial ends so you can try it out and verify the user import process. We can certainly extend the trial if the trial ends before you can validate the users. 

Just let us know. And create any new threads as you need for new questions you come up with.

Wally
  • Marius_Rustøy_HansenMarius_Rustøy_Hansen Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Where can I find the caching log? Or logs in general so I can check sync for SCCM?
  • Michael_AidinovichMichael_Aidinovich Cireson Solution Architect Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Marius,

TCC is tracking log files in 2 separate locations.  The first set of log files are controlled by the service called "Cireson ConfigMgr Portal Hosting Service" and those log files reside in C:\Program Files\Cireson\Portal for Configuration Manager\Services\logs.  There are 3 log files of interest - CachingService.log, CachingService_last.log & hostingService.log.

The second set of log files are controlled by the service called "CMPPlatformService" and that log file resides in C:\ProgramData\Cireson.Platform.Host.

Hope that helps,
    Mike