Home Analyst Portal
Options

Is there a way to integrate SCSM KB into Cireson Portal?

Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Or are they forever seperated? 

Best Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017 Answer ✓
    They have been and currently are two entirely separate functions.
    1. From a permissions perspective (core SCSM permissions vs. cireson AD group)
    2. From a functionality perspective (there are things you can do in one that you can't do in the other)
    3. From a formatting perspective (rtf vs. html)
    4. From an experience (download the RTF or view the HTML)

Which means for better or worse, you must commit to a single approach. This of course unless Cireson wanted to tackle a SCSM KB management pack of sorts to truly synchronize and streamline this effort across console and portal.

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017 Answer ✓
    They have been and currently are two entirely separate functions.
    1. From a permissions perspective (core SCSM permissions vs. cireson AD group)
    2. From a functionality perspective (there are things you can do in one that you can't do in the other)
    3. From a formatting perspective (rtf vs. html)
    4. From an experience (download the RTF or view the HTML)

Which means for better or worse, you must commit to a single approach. This of course unless Cireson wanted to tackle a SCSM KB management pack of sorts to truly synchronize and streamline this effort across console and portal.
  • Options
    Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanks again for quik replys. Why i am asking is that we have alot of KB in scsm and want to streamline the KB mainly for the analyst when they are working in the analyst portal. I want to minimize the effort for the analyst to get the KB information when helping the enduser. I will test this solution and see how it works for sure.