Home Asset Excel

Cireson Asset Excel App handbook

Erkki_TuovilaErkki_Tuovila Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello. New user and starting with basics. I try to find how to import hardware assets to db using "Cireson Asset Excel APP" Starting excel, connect and then tryed "Import Hardware Assets", New Hardware Sheet ...Doesnt accept some shell and so on. So Manual needed how to do.

Answers

• Erkki_TuovilaErkki_Tuovila Customer IT Monkey ✭
    More info to above. Start "Asset Excel APP";  New hardware sheet; Fill cells; Import All Hardware Assets; -> A validation error occured at cell C2. Reason: Please select a value from drop down list.  At this cell is "Lifebook E746 FHD" value. If I take it away and tryed an another cell is wrong...excample G2 "HW asset status" Loaned same error message.

• Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    That cell is looking for you to select an item from the drop-down.  It gets all the items from one of the lists.  In this case it looks to be the model.  You can't just type it in.  It has to be selected.
  • Erkki_TuovilaErkki_Tuovila Customer IT Monkey ✭
    New HW item. If needed to pickup from dropdown list. What is the right way to add itmes /lines to excel that you can import (pickup from drop-downlist) new HW. Exc. I have 100 pc Fujitsu Lifebook E746 already at DB. I bought 50 more. Start Excel; connect; new HW and the Excel is empty. 
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi @Erkki_Tuovila

The following might help.

Watch from about 35 minutes.

Geoff
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Erkki_Tuovila
    Did the above video answer your questions? If not, what else do you need assistance with?