Home Analyst Portal

SCSM Road Map

Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

This was posted on the MS SCSM forum page. Does anyone for any insight on the future on SCSM.

Reply:

I heard from several (not official) sources that SCSM is being rolled into CRM and CRM Online and that SCSM development has stopped.

Again, this is totally unofficial and unconfirmed, but wouldn't be entirely unexpected.

The whole beauty of SCSM lies in the Service Request feature and that is now also possible in SharePoint and SharePoint Online and PowerShell resp. Azure Automation. SCSM as a stand-alone ticketing and change management tool is too heavy, too sluggish and in my experience too complicated to setup for SMB customer and does not follow the direction of MS to simplify and "cloudify" IT services.

The Microsoft Developer Network

Comments

• Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi Mike,

Our management met with the principle program manager for System Center recently at Microsoft Ignite a few weeks ago. The following is a bit of a summary of our takeaways:
    • Service Manager is being moved to a 6-month release cycle in conjunction with other System Center products, such as Operations Manager, Orchestrator
    • The next release of Service Manager is scheduled for over the coming weeks. There will be some minor improvements to performance and stability but we don't have the exact details as of yet
    • For the spring release, there will be new features, which is exciting. Cireson has provided feedback on enhancements / features to the Service Manager console, too. We will see how this progresses
    Obviously this is all dependent on Microsoft's roadmap so nothing is set in stone, but thought I'd share based on your excellent question :-)!

Thanks,
    Davis
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This is good to know, especially as the Service Manager blog has gone quiet!
  • Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanks! Any more information would be greatly appreciated...
  • Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Does anyone from Cireson know what MS plans are for SCSM? Cloud? Roadmap? Expected features?
  • Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi all, 
    Nothing more on features unfortunately but the following is a more official position from Msft on everything we were told:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/scsmfromthefield/2017/11/03/scsm-roadmap-and-future/

I guess watch this space for features and updates :-)!