Home Survey App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Improve Survey app Reporting

Is there a better way to report survey results ? SQL or Excel?

I have implemented the Survey App and it has done a good job on relating work items per each survey however, the reporting area needs a lot of improvements. Maybe I could be wrong but you cannot generate a proper report for past month as an example. There are few other areas to where you see the report for a Survey and if you try to click on the responses nothing come up, it will be nice to have a link URL for each survey.

The Recent Results sections should be improved to where you have  monthly or weekly result or just a list with Survey ame, User, Date, results?

on SCSM a list can be generated with the Survey Results Group under Library, Groups.

20 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the result is or can be added to the service manager database so we can combine the stats with other reports?
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The survey data is in the ServiceManager database, but each result is in there as a config item, and all the data submitted from a survey is stored within one field of the config item.  You can create new views under the Configuration Items section of the SCSM console to show the surveys and the results using the Survey type projection classes, as shown in the pictures below.

What I've done is created a SQL view in my own ServiceManagement database to query for the results I am interested in, so I can report on it in a much more useful way in the Portal, with links back to related work item and survey item, as shown in the attached picture.

Hope that helps!
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The survey data is in the ServiceManager database, but each result is in there as a config item, and all the data submitted from a survey is stored within one field of the config item.  You can create new views under the Configuration Items section of the SCSM console to show the surveys and the results using the Survey type projection classes, as shown in the pictures below.

What I've done is created a SQL view in my own ServiceManagement database to query for the results I am interested in, so I can report on it in a much more useful way in the Portal, with links back to related work item and survey item, as shown in the attached picture.

Hope that helps!
    WOW, that is a awesome solution, specially the view inside the portal.
  • Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭

David, I don't suppose you would be willing to share the views you created so we can reproduce those in our database?  We are trying to bring our system online next month and there is lots to do.  Thank you

Jeff