Home Notify Analyst
Options

No emails received when a Group is the recipient of the Review Activity

Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I do not know if this is an issue with the Notify Analyst App not being able to send the email to a group or some other issue.

I have tried the following:
Created an AD Group and created an O365 Distribution Group.  Added the O365 email address to the AD Group - no email
Deleted the Group CI from SCSM, created a User CI and added the email address to the CI - no email

I have been able to send email just using the outlook client with no issues, just not from the review activity.

Any ideas?

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    OK, so, situation is now resolved.  I needed to create the group and let DirSync replicate the security group to Azure AD.  Everything worked fine at that point.  I guess it just didn't like the Distribution List.

Answers

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Notify Analyst App can handle AD Groups as recipients as well as normal Users. You would need ot make sure the AD Group has a valid email address to be able to send to and check to make sure the AD connector is bringing it in correctly as well. 
    If this is still as issue, raise it with us at the support portal and we can have a closer look
  • Options
    Matt_MedleyMatt_Medley Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hey Eric, is the AD group mail enabled? If you email the group directly, do the members receive the message?
  • Options
    That is the frustrating part.  If I email the group directly, they get the mail
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    OK, so, situation is now resolved.  I needed to create the group and let DirSync replicate the security group to Azure AD.  Everything worked fine at that point.  I guess it just didn't like the Distribution List.