Home Service Manager

Cubes Partially Processed

John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hey all,

Since adding an additional management pack to my system which should enable tracking of comments in the DWH, my WorkItems cube is at a partially processed state in SCSM console.

This seems to be affecting the PowerBI auto-refresh I have going too.

Anyone ran into this?

John

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, definitely.  One quick thing you can check in your MP (assuming it is custom) is whether there are any tags with accessibility="internal".  Changing these to "Public" can often help.

Otherwise, there are many good blogs about re-running your DWMaintenance, MPSync, and ETL jobs in order before attempting to process again.  If that does not work (as has been my experience more than once), you may not have enough RAM in your DW server.  That is where I am currently sitting, with more than one cube.  Others will process.  I know this is my issue because I have fixed all other problems.  All my MP's are synced to the DW (often an issue) and all my dimensions have been fixed since correcting that.

It is entirely possible that your experience is not the same as mine, but maybe this will get you pointed in the right direction.  I know @Conner_Wood has some articles that have good advice in them, and would suggest blogs from Travis Wright and Mihai Sarbulescu as well.

Good luck.  The DW can be very frustrating to troubleshoot, but it is usually worth the trouble.
  • John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Tom_Hendricks ! I've processed my dimensions independently and have a job running at present to run all the SCSM jobs.

Probably separate, but I can refresh manually using PowerBI desktop but not via PowerBI Gateway! Bizarre! :D
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, archiving comments, what a joy that was.....  >:)

@John_Long please have a read through the following articles, it may save you time and even your sanity:
    SCSM: Perfect the SSAS Cubes
    SCSM Data Warehouse: Fact Groom Retention - Prevent Relationships Getting Marked As Deleted

Also, I included my management pack to archive comments in the SCSM Reviewer Portal as well as instructions ... I recommend you double check yours is archiving all the important comments for all the tickets.

Or view the Management Pack here:  My.WorkItem.CommentLog.DataWarehouse.xml
    You would need to seal using FastSeal.exe (download FastSeal.zip from SCSM Blog) then imported sealed MP into SCSM.

The Data Warehouse is a monster all its own, it doesn't surprise me it doesn't get along with other programs. >:)

• John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Conner_Wood Thanks so much! I'll have a read through these as you suggest!