Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Ability to edit Activity forms to remove unwanted fields to make for a cleaner UI and user experienc

Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Remove or edit Activity form fields such as add CI, scheduled start, description, etc. Many of these aren't used, so it confuses users. Description and notes also confuses users.. do they add text in one or the other. Eg. I'd like to have read only Activity Instructions, similar to an RO, and nothing shown but Title, Implementer, CAT, STAGE, PRIORITY, NOTES, INSTRUCTIONS (read only)

Details:
As an administrator I would like to be able to edit an JSON formatted template file to show, hide, disable or set to required, any field on the Manual Activity form. This should work the same as Incidents, Changes, Problems etc.
54 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Thomas_StrombergThomas_Stromberg Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I agree on this one that activity should have some sort of .js file in customspace folder. But in the meantime you can hide forms using this one. https://community.cireson.com/discussion/59/hide-activity-fields#latest 
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I agree on this one that activity should have some sort of .js file in customspace folder. But in the meantime you can hide forms using this one. https://community.cireson.com/discussion/59/hide-activity-fields#latest 
    Excellent Thomas, thanks for mentioning that. If you would like to see improvements or find issues with those scripts, please comment and we will see if we can't incorporate those changes!
  • Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to add Activity history to the WI forms? Our users have been asking for that.
    Is it possible to add Activity history to the WI forms? Our users have been asking for that.
    While possible, it would be cluttered and performance affected. What we've done in the past instead is add a button to each activity form that pops up a history box and shows the history items for the activity. 

So so yes it is possible. 
  • Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

A history would be useful as read-only so we can see:

A - person makes decision

B - person makes decision comments

C - person reruns activity

D - person left rerun comments, etc.

The history already exists on the activity in scsm. We just expose that data in a readable fashion via the portal. Similar as to how it works with the parent work item today. 
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @seth_coussens, is there any code you can share for adding the history activity button to tasks? I would be most delighted to have a solution like this!! Not being able see the MA history has been something that has plagued our Team Leads and Management staff as each time they go to review a ticket/escalation I end up pulling the information from the console for them since we are strictly Cireson portal only and do not allow access to the console for anyone outside of the SCSM Admin/Dev team.
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Take a look at this thread: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5005/view-powershell-activity#latest

The solution there doesn't change what is displayed on the Activity tab; but it adds a button to open the activity in a fully customization screen.

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Although we can show/hide elements by editing files in the CustomSpace/WorkItem folder, it would be nice to have enable/disable show options directly in the portal admin/layout menu so customers with less skills could simply hide/publish every field they want to see in each work item type.

Another nice to have thing missing in portals are those group buttons which can hide whole sections in the SCSM console:

I know such settings could make bigger CSS/JS customizations harder but maybe it's worth considering according to customers' tech-level and need for easy visual changes.

All is leading to widget-style layout where admin and later user could drag&drop all elements where he wants to have them 🤣